Persistent and Nasty
Persistent and Nasty | Deadline: 5pm on Monday 7th January 2019 | Event: Tuesday 29th January 2019 at the CCA Glasgow
For the next submission window from Persistent and Nasty they are looking for scripts that explore / respond to the phrase hope for the future. Writers are invited to interpret this however they wish. They want to hear from women, trans women and non-binary voices. Although they are accepting submissions from across the UK, they are particularly keen to hear from writers based in Scotland.
CRITERIA FOR WRITERS:
- 15-30 minutes in length (approximately 20-30 pages).
- The script can be written for theatre, film, TV or radio.
- Priority will be given to scripts that explore themes of gender equality, diversity and representation.
- Priority will be given to scripts that have more than one female character.
- Casting will be age, ethnicity and disability blind.
- If the submitted script is an excerpt from a longer piece, the excerpt should be able to stand alone and be understood.
- Please use as close to industry standard formatting as possible. Minimum requirement is 12pt font size, double line spacing and page numbers.
- Alongside the script itself, please provide the following:
- a brief synopsis
- character descriptions
- a few words on what inspired you to write this particular piece
- a short biography
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submitting scripts is 5pm on Monday 7th January 2019
Find out more information about Persistent and Nasty on their website and watch their previous event on the Civil Disobediance website
Please note that these schemes are listed here for your convenience. However, they are run by external organisations and unless otherwise noted the BBC has no involvement with them. Therefore the BBC cannot respond to any queries in connection to those and accepts no liability for the accuracy of third party websites and the information contained on them.
Deadline: 1st July 2019. The High Sheriff's Cheshire Prize for Literature 2019 is for Scriptwriting. It's open to writers who are in, from, study, studied, work or worked in Cheshire.
Deadline: 30th June 2019. Submissions are open at Dark Unicorn to writers worldwide to submit new works for stage to them for consideration for a future production relationship around the company's other work on revivals of major plays, which have something to say to contemporary audiences.
Deadline: 5th June 2019 at 6pm. The Prize is an opportunity for writers of any background and experience to enter unperformed plays to be judged by a panel of industry experts for a chance to win part of a prize fund totalling £40,000.
Read these scripts from the BBC TV Drama archive.
Read this script from the BBC Drama archive.