International Young Theatre Playwriting Contest
International Young Theatre Playwriting Contest | Editorial DALYA (Spain) | Deadline: 15th December 2018
The prize aims to encourage authors in the creation of bold and powerful plays for young audiences (suggested age 15-25).
- Open to all writers worldwide and there is no age or nationality limit for the entrants.
- They accept plays co-authored by more than one writer.
- The play must be new, original and unpublished previously in any form.
- The play must cater for a performance time of 60-120 mins (category A), or 30-60 mins (category B).
- A collection of short plays may be submitted as it is in (A) or (B) play format, taking into account each play must be 15 min. long or more.
- Up to three entries per person.
- There is no fee to enter.
- Plays can be written in any official European language.
The runner-up plays will be published.
The authors of the winning scripts will be awarded:
- Category (A) 5000€ (cash prize of 2400€, plus the publication of the work and translation into other languages, and public reading of the play).
- Category (B) 3500€ (cash prize of 1000€, plus the publication and translation into other languages, and public reading of the play).
The Jury may award Honourable Mentions without cash prizes.
The judges will assess each play with the following criteria:
- a) Quality of dramatic text and audience appeal.
- b) Promotion of tolerant coexistence among young people and concern with reality and problems of young people.
- c) Innovative language and plot.
- d) Factors that affect its feasibility on stage: cast, sets, props, lights, costumes, etc.
You can download full guidelines in English at ytpwc.edalya.com and enter your play using the "Upload Play" menu option (or edalya.com, Premios/blogs menu option). In the "Contest menu" on the website you can select other languages eg French, Portuguese, Spanish (coming soon, Italian, Russian and German).
Deadline for entries: 15th December 2018.
Please note that these schemes are listed here for your convenience. However, they are run by external organisations and unless otherwise noted the BBC has no involvement with them. Therefore the BBC cannot respond to any queries in connection to those and accepts no liability for the accuracy of third party websites and the information contained on them.
Deadline: 9pm, 7th April 2019. A new award for young playwrights (18 and under) based in the East of England. There are 4 different categories prize-winning categories and an overall winner.
Deadline: 5th March 2019. Amateur playwrights worldwide are invited to submit unpublished one-act plays for the 16th Windsor Fringe Kenneth Branagh Award for New Drama Writing.
Deadlines: 2nd February & 28th February 2019. Green Curtain Theatre will be staging their 3rd festival of fringe plays in the summer and autumn of 2019 in London. The theme of the festival will be “Breaking Away”. They are looking for one act plays on this theme that reflect any aspect of the lives or experiences of Irish people living in multi-cultural Britain. They are also looking for monologues or playlets on the topic of 'Finding Love in the UK' and have an ongoing opportunity for short plays based on or connected to an Irish song.
Read this script from the BBC Drama archive.
Read these scripts from the BBC Drama archive.