Hive North are looking for LGBTQ+ scripts for OutStageUs, a showcase of new work to be performed at The Lowry in Salford. They are looking for exciting new LGBTQ+ stories that will excite audiences and provoke discussion.
Scripts can be something you've already been working on or can be explicitly written for the event. They can be monologues, duologues, short scenes or spoken word.
All submitted scripts will be read, and feedback will be offered to those shortlisted. Up to 10 scripts will then be selected from the shortlist for a uniquely tailored development process, and these writers will receive a fee of £350. The final scripts will then be presented at the OutStageUs event at The Lowry.
Submission Terms and Conditions:
- Number of Characters: 1 - 4.
- Length: maximum 12 minutes (approximately 12 pages).
- Only one script per writer is permitted.
- Scripts submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Writers must be based within the United Kingdom.
- Scripts must be anonymised.
- Title pages should contain only the script title.
- Scripts must not have been performed previously.
- Monologues, duologues and short scenes welcome
To submit and for further information visit the OutStageUs page on the Hive North website.
Deadline: 23:59 on Sunday 17th July 2022
This is a non-BBC scheme
Please note that these schemes are listed here for your convenience. However, they are run by external organisations and unless otherwise noted the BBC has no involvement with them.
Therefore the BBC cannot respond to any queries in connection to those and accepts no liability for the accuracy of third party websites and the information contained on them.