Find Me Funny - BBC Cymru Wales
Find Me Funny | BBC Cymru Wales | Deadline: 15th January 2018 at 12 noon
Do you love to make people laugh? Do your one-liners have people in stitches? Have you got a Welsh comedy idea that you’re bursting to write? Then BBC Cymru Wales wants to hear from you.
BBC Wales has launched a brand-new initiative to find up to three new comedy programmes for BBC One Wales and BBC iPlayer. Find Me Funny is a new comedy pilot initiative aimed at writers living or working full time in Wales, or those writers who can represent Welsh culture with authenticity, with the aim of commissioning and broadcasting the sit-coms or comedy drama pilots in 2018/19. The pilot that makes the biggest impact - and gets the most laughs - will go on to be commissioned as a series.
The opportunity is open to budding and established writers. Pilot scripts should be at least 30 minutes (c. 30 pages) long.
The deadline for submissions is 15 January 2018 at 12 noon.
- Submissions should be a comedy-drama or situation comedy script for television and iPlayer of at least 30 minutes in length. We are not looking for ‘mockumentary’.
- This is a comedy initiative designed to reflect contemporary Wales and is open to writers living or working full time in Wales, or those writers who can represent Welsh culture with authenticity.
- Writers may also attach a brief outline (1-3 pages) of further episodes and the series as a whole.
- Writers can submit a maximum of two scripts. These scripts should not have been previously produced.
- Writers submitting two scripts should submit both scripts in one PDF upload with a clear page break between the two scripts. A cover page must be used to identify the submission of two scripts with the title of each script and page count noted.
- All scripts will be read “blind”, i.e. without a name attached, until after full-read stage. Please remember to remove your name and contact details from your script.
- All submissions will be guaranteed at least a ten-page read from the reading panel. Longlisted submissions will be read in full. BBC Writersroom producers and BBC Wales commissioners will read all shortlisted submissions.
- Scripts can be submitted with or without a production company attached. Where a script is unattached, we will partner successful scripts with appropriate production companies.
- Mae angen i’r ceisiadau fod yn sgript drama-gomedi neu ‘sit-com’ ar gyfer teledu ac iPlayer ac o leiaf hanner awr o hyd. Nid ydym yn edrych am gomedi ffug-ffeithiol.
- Mae’r cynllun hwn yn gofyn am ddeunydd sy’n adlewyrchu’r Gymru fodern ac yn agored i ysgrifenwyr sy’n byw neu’n gweithio’n llawn amser yng Nghymru, neu’r ysgrifenwyr hynny sy’n gallu adlewychru diwylliant Cymreig.
- Gall awduron hefyd gynnwys amlinelliad byr (1 - 3 tudalen) o benodau pellach a’r gyfres fel cyfanwaith.
- Gall awduron anfon hyd at ddau sgript. Ni ddylai’r sgript fod wedi ei chynhyrchu yn y gorffennol.
- Caiff y sgriptiau eu darllen yn ddi-enw hyd nes cwblhau’r darlleniad llawn. Cofiwch dynnu eich manylion cyswllt a’ch enw o’r sgript.
- Mae gwarant y caiff pob cais ei darllen hyd o leiaf tudalen 10 o’r gwaith gan y panel darllen. Caiff ceisiadau sy’n cyrraedd y rhestr hir eu darllen ar eu hyd. Bydd cynhyrchwyr BBC Writersroom a chomisiynwyr BBC Cymru yn darllen bob cais sydd ar y rhestr fer.
- Mae modd i sgriptiau gael eu cyflwyno gyda chwmni cynhyrchu ynghlwm â nhw ond does dim rhaid. Lle nad oes cwmni, fe wnawn bartneru sgriptiau llwyddiannus efo cwmni cynhyrchu addas.
Various deadlines. Green Curtain Theatre will be staging their 3rd festival of fringe plays in the summer and autumn of 2019 in London. The theme of the festival will be “Breaking Away”. They are looking for one act plays on this theme that reflect any aspect of the lives or experiences of Irish people living in multi-cultural Britain. They also have open opportunities for 10 minute monologues/duologues on the theme 'Leaving' and for short plays based on or connected to an Irish song.
Deadline: 7th February 2019. The Northern Writers Awards are for work-in-progress and exist to recognise talent and support new work towards publication or broadcast. There are awards for writers of poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction and television at different stages of their careers, including publication, mentoring, developmental support and cash awards to buy time to write.
Deadline: 31st January 2019. Writers are invited to submit plays for the 2019 Arundel Festival Theatre Trail, now in its nineteenth year.
Read these scripts from the BBC Radio Drama archive.
Read these scripts from the BBC TV Drama archive.