- The Latest from Drama Room 2021/22Georgia Affonso, one of the writers selected for our current Drama Room writer development group, shares her roundup of their latest sessions.
- Silent Witness 25Celebrating Silent Witness' 25th Series with Ten Memorable Episodes. Find out more about the new series from the show's producer, see which episodes made the Top 10 and read all the scripts in our library.
- FloodlightsScreenwriter Matt Greenhalgh explains how he adapted the true story of Andy Woodward, one of the first footballers to come forward with allegations of sexual abuse, into a drama for BBC Two.
Writer DevelopmentSee our Groups
Latest OpportunitiesView all Opportunities
- The Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting 2022Deadline: 6th June 2022
The Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting is open to anyone aged 16+ in the UK, Ireland and the British Territories with a story to tell.
- Andy Riley: Free Mentoring Scheme for POC Comedy WritersDeadline: 11pm on 15th June 2022
Emmy winning writer, Andy Riley is offering a year's free mentoring to new/newish comedy writers who are People of Colour.
- Popcorn Awards - The Popcorn Writing AwardDeadline: 10am on 24th June 2022
Joining up with the BBC Writersroom for the first time this year, the Popcorn New Writing Award at the Edinburgh Fringe offers a £6k prize fund for plays performed at one of the partnering venues.
What We DoMore about What We Do
- About BBC WritersroomFind out more about our work and our offices across the UK.
- How we can (and can't) develop your writingFind out on our blog.
- Open CallOur Open Call is our main open submission opportunity for all writers aged 18 and over and resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- SuccessesHear about some of our success stories, including competition and award winners, commissions and events.
New in the Script Library...Visit the Script Library
- The ResponderScripts from Tony Schumacher's BBC One Drama which follows Chris, an unconventional urgent response officer through a series of night shifts in Liverpool.
- Doctor Whoby various writers. Featuring all episodes of Series 13, including 'The Revolution of the Daleks', 'Eve of the Daleks' and 'Legend of the Sea Devils'.
- LutherRead all five series of Neil Cross' critically acclaimed detective series, Luther.
- The Serpentby Richard Warlow and Toby Finlay. Read all eight episodes of The Serpent, nominated for an RTS Award for Best Writer (Drama).
- VigilRead all six episodes of Tom Edge's thriller about a crew member found dead on board the Trident nuclear submarine HMS Vigil.
- Ridley RoadAll four episodes of Sarah Solemani's drama about Jewish opposition to British Fascism in the 1960s, inspired by Jo Bloom's novel.
- Back to LifeBoth series of Laura Solon & Daisy Haggard's Emmy nominated comedy drama about a woman's struggle to rebuild her life after being released from prison.
- Guiltby Neil Forsyth. New in the Script Library the complete Series 2 of the award-winning drama, which picks up events two years after Series 1 as Max is released from jail.
Be InspiredView our Be Inspired resources
- Watch InterviewsGet inspiration and top tips from writers and industry professionals in our series of video interviews.
- PodcastDownload and listen to our free podcast, including interviews with some the UK's leading screenwriters.
- Scriptwriting EssentialsWatch a series of eight videos covering the essentials of writing a successful script, from introductions to rewriting.
- Pitches, Treatments, OutlinesWhat are they? And why should you learn to love them? Plus other great advice on our blog.