LE12 - Weather warnings issued14-day forecast
Forecast - LE12
Day by day forecast
- Today,Light snow showers and a fresh breeze,High3° 38°Low-3° 27°,Wind speed22 mph36 km/h22 mph36 km/hNorth Westerly
- Sunday 28th NovemberSun 28th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High3° 37°Low-2° 28°,Wind speed12 mph20 km/h12 mph20 km/hNorth Westerly
- Monday 29th NovemberMon 29th,Light cloud and a gentle breeze,High4° 38°Low3° 38°,Wind speed8 mph13 km/h8 mph13 km/hWesterly
- Tuesday 30th NovemberTue 30th,Thick cloud and a moderate breeze,High11° 52°Low7° 46°,Wind speed15 mph24 km/h15 mph24 km/hWesterly
- Wednesday 1st DecemberWed 1st,Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze,High8° 47°Low2° 35°,Wind speed16 mph26 km/h16 mph26 km/hWesterly
- Thursday 2nd DecemberThu 2nd,Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze,High5° 41°Low2° 35°,Wind speed13 mph22 km/h13 mph22 km/hNorth Westerly
- Friday 3rd DecemberFri 3rd,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High9° 48°Low5° 41°,Wind speed15 mph24 km/h15 mph24 km/hWesterly
- Saturday 4th DecemberSat 4th,Light rain showers and a moderate breeze,High7° 45°Low4° 40°,Wind speed15 mph24 km/h15 mph24 km/hWesterly
- Sunday 5th DecemberSun 5th,Light rain showers and a moderate breeze,High7° 45°Low4° 39°,Wind speed14 mph22 km/h14 mph22 km/hWesterly
- Monday 6th DecemberMon 6th,Light cloud and a moderate breeze,High6° 43°Low3° 37°,Wind speed13 mph20 km/h13 mph20 km/hWesterly
- Tuesday 7th DecemberTue 7th,Light cloud and a gentle breeze,High6° 43°Low3° 37°,Wind speed11 mph17 km/h11 mph17 km/hWesterly
- Wednesday 8th DecemberWed 8th,Light cloud and a gentle breeze,High6° 43°Low3° 37°,Wind speed11 mph18 km/h11 mph18 km/hWesterly
- Thursday 9th DecemberThu 9th,Light cloud and a gentle breeze,High6° 44°Low3° 37°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hSouth Westerly
- Friday 10th DecemberFri 10th,Light cloud and a gentle breeze,High6° 43°Low3° 38°,Wind speed12 mph20 km/h12 mph20 km/hSouth Westerly
Hour by hour forecast
BBC East Midlands Today weather
Updated Monday to Friday only
This afternoon will be very windy and cold. A few spells of rain, sleet and hill snow will linger for a time, but these will clear to the east later on in the day. Staying largely cloudy, however.
Tonight, cloud will gradually clear to the east, and it looks to remain largely dry overnight with increasingly clear skies. A very cold night, and winds will ease a little.
Observations - East Midlands
- Humidity: 81%
- Visibility: Visibility: Not available
- Pressure: 999mb, Rising
Met Office warnings issued for Leicestershire
Yellow warning of wind
Started at: 00:00 GMT on Sat 27 November
Ends: 18:00 GMT on Sat 27 November
High winds may cause some travel disruption and damage. - Injuries and danger to life from flying debris are possible - Some damage to trees, temporary structures and buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, could happen - Road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected, with longer journey times and cancellations possible - Some roads and bridges may close - Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage - Injuries and danger to life could occur from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
Issued at: 09:53 GMT on Tue 23 November
Yellow warning of ice
Starts: 17:00 GMT on Sat 27 November
Ends: 11:00 GMT on Sun 28 November
A cold night with icy stretches likely to form quickly Saturday evening - Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces - Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths - Some roads and railways may be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services
Issued at: 10:01 GMT on Sat 27 November
About the Met Office Weather Warnings
The Met Office issues weather warnings when severe weather has the potential to impact the UK.
The Met Office issues warnings for rain, thunderstorms, wind, snow, lightning, ice, extreme heat and fog. These warnings are given a colour depending on a combination of both the impact the weather may have and the likelihood of those impacts occurring.
For more information, see the Met Office Weather Warnings Guide.
Weather Warnings Key
Extreme weather is expected. Red means you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.
There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office.
Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect you. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day to day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.
Our favourite Weather Watchers photos nearby
Report for Castle Donington, Leicestershire
Reported by Marks Landscapes
Report for Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Reported by Pete
Report for East Leake, Nottinghamshire
Reported by Maggie T Howlett
Report for Shepshed, Leicestershire
Reported by Scrappy