Storm Evert will bring a spell of strong to gale force winds which may cause damage to infrastructure and lead to travel disruption.
- Injuries and danger to life from flying debris are possible
- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, could happen. There may also be some fallen trees and damage to temporary outdoor structures is possible
- Road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected, with longer journey times and cancellations possible
- Some roads and bridges may close
- Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Injuries and danger to life could occur from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties