Bedford - Weather warnings issued14-day forecast
Forecast - Bedford
Day by day forecast
- Tonight,A clear sky and light winds,Low15° 59°,Wind speed7 mph11 km/h7 mph11 km/hNortherly
- Saturday 13th AugustSat 13th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High35° 95°Low16° 60°,Wind speed10 mph16 km/h10 mph16 km/hEasterly
- Sunday 14th AugustSun 14th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High35° 95°Low17° 64°,Wind speed8 mph13 km/h8 mph13 km/hEasterly
- Monday 15th AugustMon 15th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High30° 86°Low17° 63°,Wind speed8 mph13 km/h8 mph13 km/hEasterly
- Tuesday 16th AugustTue 16th,Thundery showers and a gentle breeze,High24° 75°Low16° 60°,Wind speed8 mph13 km/h8 mph13 km/hNortherly
- Wednesday 17th AugustWed 17th,Light rain and a gentle breeze,High22° 72°Low14° 57°,Wind speed11 mph17 km/h11 mph17 km/hNorth Easterly
- Thursday 18th AugustThu 18th,Light cloud and a gentle breeze,High22° 71°Low14° 57°,Wind speed10 mph16 km/h10 mph16 km/hNorth Westerly
- Friday 19th AugustFri 19th,Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze,High23° 73°Low15° 58°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hSouth Westerly
- Saturday 20th AugustSat 20th,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High23° 73°Low14° 57°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hSouth Westerly
- Sunday 21st AugustSun 21st,Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze,High21° 71°Low13° 55°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hSouth Westerly
- Monday 22nd AugustMon 22nd,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High23° 73°Low14° 57°,Wind speed11 mph17 km/h11 mph17 km/hSouth Westerly
- Tuesday 23rd AugustTue 23rd,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High23° 74°Low14° 58°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hSoutherly
- Wednesday 24th AugustWed 24th,Light rain showers and a gentle breeze,High24° 75°Low14° 58°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hSoutherly
- Thursday 25th AugustThu 25th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High24° 75°Low14° 57°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hSouth Westerly
Hour by hour forecast
BBC Look East weather
Updated Monday to Friday only
Today will be another fine and dry day with extensive sunshine. It will be hot or very hot for most.
Tonight will continue to be dry with clear skies. A warm night.
Observations - Bedford
- Humidity: 91%
- Visibility: Good
- Pressure: 1017mb, Steady
Met Office warnings issued for Bedford
Amber warning of extreme heat
Started at: 00:00 BST on Thu 11 August
Ends: 23:59 BST on Sun 14 August
A hot spell will develop across parts of England and Wales later this week. - Adverse health effects are likely to be experienced by those vulnerable to extreme heat - The wider population are likely to experience some adverse health effects including sunburn or heat exhaustion (dehydration, nausea, fatigue) and other heat related illnesses - Some changes in working practices and daily routines likely to be required - An increased chance that some heat-sensitive systems and equipment may fail. - More people are likely to visit coastal areas, lakes, rivers and other beauty spots leading to an increased risk of water safety and fire-related incidents. - Some delays to road, rail and air travel are possible, with potential for welfare issues for those who experience prolonged delays
Issued at: 09:59 BST on Tue 9 August
Yellow warning of thunderstorms
Starts: 06:00 BST on Mon 15 August
Ends: 23:59 BST on Mon 15 August
While some places stay dry, thunderstorms are likely to develop during Monday, bringing locally heavy rain and possible disruption. - There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds - Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services - Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures - There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
Issued at: 10:26 BST on Fri 12 August
About the Met Office Weather Warnings
The Met Office issues weather warnings when severe weather has the potential to impact the UK.
The Met Office issues warnings for rain, thunderstorms, wind, snow, lightning, ice, extreme heat and fog. These warnings are given a colour depending on a combination of both the impact the weather may have and the likelihood of those impacts occurring.
For more information, see the Met Office Weather Warnings Guide.
Weather Warnings Key
Extreme weather is expected. Red means you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.
There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office.
Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect you. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day to day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.
Our favourite Weather Watchers photos nearby
Report for Bletchley, Buckinghamshire
Reported by Bexxy1976
Report for Astwick, Central Bedfordshire
Reported by niknak1970
Report for Panshanger, Hertfordshire
Reported by johnniebigboots
Report for Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Reported by Sunflowerdeb16