Sheffield - Weather warnings issued14-day forecast
Forecast - Sheffield
Day by day forecast
- Tonight,Gusty winds and sleet,Low2° 36°,Wind gusts22 mph35 km/h40 mph65 km/hNortherly
- Saturday 27th NovemberSat 27th,Gusty winds and light snow,High3° 38°Low-1° 30°,Wind gusts23 mph37 km/h41 mph66 km/hNorth Westerly
- Sunday 28th NovemberSun 28th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High4° 39°Low-1° 31°,Wind speed11 mph18 km/h11 mph18 km/hNorth Westerly
- Monday 29th NovemberMon 29th,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High4° 40°Low3° 38°,Wind speed8 mph13 km/h8 mph13 km/hWesterly
- Tuesday 30th NovemberTue 30th,Thick cloud and a moderate breeze,High10° 50°Low7° 45°,Wind speed16 mph25 km/h16 mph25 km/hWesterly
- Wednesday 1st DecemberWed 1st,Light rain showers and a moderate breeze,High8° 47°Low2° 35°,Wind speed16 mph26 km/h16 mph26 km/hWesterly
- Thursday 2nd DecemberThu 2nd,Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze,High5° 41°Low3° 37°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hNorth Westerly
- Friday 3rd DecemberFri 3rd,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High9° 47°Low5° 41°,Wind speed14 mph22 km/h14 mph22 km/hWesterly
- Saturday 4th DecemberSat 4th,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High7° 45°Low6° 42°,Wind speed14 mph22 km/h14 mph22 km/hWesterly
- Sunday 5th DecemberSun 5th,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High8° 46°Low6° 42°,Wind speed14 mph23 km/h14 mph23 km/hSouth Westerly
- Monday 6th DecemberMon 6th,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High7° 45°Low3° 38°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hSouth Westerly
- Tuesday 7th DecemberTue 7th,Light rain and a gentle breeze,High6° 43°Low3° 38°,Wind speed11 mph18 km/h11 mph18 km/hSouth Westerly
- Wednesday 8th DecemberWed 8th,Light rain and a gentle breeze,High6° 43°Low4° 39°,Wind speed12 mph19 km/h12 mph19 km/hWesterly
- Thursday 9th DecemberThu 9th,Light rain and a gentle breeze,High6° 43°Low4° 38°,Wind speed11 mph18 km/h11 mph18 km/hWesterly
Hour by hour forecast
BBC Look North weather
Updated Monday to Friday only
Tonight will be very unsettled and cold. A strong northerly flow will push areas of rain, sleet and snow in from the north. Snow will accumulate mostly in higher areas. Very strong winds.
Observations - Sheffield
- Humidity: 90%
- Visibility: Visibility: Not available
- Pressure: Pressure: Not available
Met Office warnings issued for South Yorkshire
Yellow warning of snow
Started at: 17:00 GMT on Fri 26 November
Ends: 10:00 GMT on Sat 27 November
Spells of hill snow may bring some disruption to travel Friday night and into Saturday - There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel - There is a slight chance that some rural communities could become cut off - There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected
Issued at: 10:22 GMT on Fri 26 November
Yellow warning of wind
Started at: 00:00 GMT on Sat 27 November
Ends: 18:00 GMT on Sat 27 November
High winds may cause some travel disruption and damage. - Injuries and danger to life from flying debris are possible - Some damage to trees, temporary structures and buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, could happen - Road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected, with longer journey times and cancellations possible - Some roads and bridges may close - Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage - Injuries and danger to life could occur from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
Issued at: 09:53 GMT on Tue 23 November
About the Met Office Weather Warnings
The Met Office issues weather warnings when severe weather has the potential to impact the UK.
The Met Office issues warnings for rain, thunderstorms, wind, snow, lightning, ice, extreme heat and fog. These warnings are given a colour depending on a combination of both the impact the weather may have and the likelihood of those impacts occurring.
For more information, see the Met Office Weather Warnings Guide.
Weather Warnings Key
Extreme weather is expected. Red means you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.
There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office.
Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect you. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day to day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.