Shrewsbury - Weather warnings issued14-day forecast
Forecast - Shrewsbury
Day by day forecast
- Today,Sunny and light winds,High29° 85°Low12° 53°,Wind speed7 mph12 km/h7 mph12 km/hNorth Easterly
- Thursday 11th AugustThu 11th,Sunny and light winds,High32° 89°Low13° 56°,Wind speed7 mph12 km/h7 mph12 km/hEasterly
- Friday 12th AugustFri 12th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High33° 91°Low14° 57°,Wind speed8 mph13 km/h8 mph13 km/hEasterly
- Saturday 13th AugustSat 13th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High33° 92°Low16° 61°,Wind speed9 mph15 km/h9 mph15 km/hEasterly
- Sunday 14th AugustSun 14th,Sunny and a gentle breeze,High31° 87°Low17° 63°,Wind speed9 mph14 km/h9 mph14 km/hEasterly
- Monday 15th AugustMon 15th,Thundery showers and a gentle breeze,High25° 77°Low15° 60°,Wind speed8 mph13 km/h8 mph13 km/hSouth Easterly
- Tuesday 16th AugustTue 16th,Light rain showers and a gentle breeze,High22° 72°Low13° 56°,Wind speed10 mph16 km/h10 mph16 km/hSouth Easterly
- Wednesday 17th AugustWed 17th,Thundery showers and a gentle breeze,High22° 71°Low13° 55°,Wind speed10 mph17 km/h10 mph17 km/hNortherly
- Thursday 18th AugustThu 18th,Light rain and a gentle breeze,High21° 71°Low13° 56°,Wind speed11 mph17 km/h11 mph17 km/hSouth Westerly
- Friday 19th AugustFri 19th,Light rain showers and a moderate breeze,High21° 69°Low13° 56°,Wind speed14 mph22 km/h14 mph22 km/hSouth Westerly
- Saturday 20th AugustSat 20th,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High20° 67°Low12° 54°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hSouth Westerly
- Sunday 21st AugustSun 21st,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High19° 67°Low12° 53°,Wind speed14 mph22 km/h14 mph22 km/hSouth Westerly
- Monday 22nd AugustMon 22nd,Light rain and a moderate breeze,High20° 67°Low12° 53°,Wind speed13 mph21 km/h13 mph21 km/hSouth Westerly
- Tuesday 23rd AugustTue 23rd,Light rain and a gentle breeze,High20° 68°Low12° 53°,Wind speed12 mph20 km/h12 mph20 km/hSouth Westerly
Hour by hour forecast
BBC Midlands Today weather
Updated Monday to Friday only
Today will be another dry and fine day with extensive spells of sunshine and very little in the way of cloud. It will be a very warm or hot day with gentle winds.
This evening will continue dry with late spells of sunshine. Tonight will be dry with clear skies throughout. It will be a warm night.
Observations - Shawbury
- Humidity: 33%
- Visibility: Excellent
- Pressure: 1025mb, Falling
Met Office warnings issued for Shropshire
Amber warning of extreme heat
Starts: 00:00 BST on Thu 11 August
Ends: 23:59 BST on Sun 14 August
A hot spell will develop across parts of England and Wales later this week. - Adverse health effects are likely to be experienced by those vulnerable to extreme heat - The wider population are likely to experience some adverse health effects including sunburn or heat exhaustion (dehydration, nausea, fatigue) and other heat related illnesses - Some changes in working practices and daily routines likely to be required - An increased chance that some heat-sensitive systems and equipment may fail. - More people are likely to visit coastal areas, lakes, rivers and other beauty spots leading to an increased risk of water safety and fire-related incidents. - Some delays to road, rail and air travel are possible, with potential for welfare issues for those who experience prolonged delays
Issued at: 09:59 BST on Tue 9 August
About the Met Office Weather Warnings
The Met Office issues weather warnings when severe weather has the potential to impact the UK.
The Met Office issues warnings for rain, thunderstorms, wind, snow, lightning, ice, extreme heat and fog. These warnings are given a colour depending on a combination of both the impact the weather may have and the likelihood of those impacts occurring.
For more information, see the Met Office Weather Warnings Guide.
Weather Warnings Key
Extreme weather is expected. Red means you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the weather. Widespread damage, travel and power disruption and risk to life is likely. You must avoid dangerous areas and follow the advice of the emergency services and local authorities.
There is an increased likelihood of bad weather affecting you, which could potentially disrupt your plans and possibly cause travel delays, road and rail closures, interruption to power and the potential risk to life and property. Amber means you need to be prepared to change your plans and protect you, your family and community from the impacts of the severe weather based on the forecast from the Met Office.
Severe weather is possible over the next few days and could affect you. Yellow means that you should plan ahead thinking about possible travel delays, or the disruption of your day to day activities. The Met Office is monitoring the developing weather situation and Yellow means keep an eye on the latest forecast and be aware that the weather may change or worsen, leading to disruption of your plans in the next few days.