BBC iReporter: What would a journalist do? (Guidance for young people)
The BBC and Aardman, the people who make Wallace and Gromit and Shaun the Sheep, have created an interactive game to give you the chance to find out what's it like to be a journalist.
The BBC iReporter puts you the player in the heart of the newsroom and gives you the opportunity to be a journalist working on a breaking story.
You’ll need to:
- work out what is real and accurate
- avoid pitfalls such as fake and false information
So what would a real journalist do in this situation and what things would they have to consider? This video explores:
- the measures of success - accuracy, speed and impact
- the role of an editor and other teams in the newsroom
- the importance of someone checking your material before you publish – having a second pair of eyes
- how journalists use social media to generate and collect comments and audience interaction
- the risks of using social media to find information
The game is fun and engaging and is aimed at 11 to 18-year-olds.