Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker – Waltz of the Flowers; Russian Dance - Instrumental arrangements
Arrangements suitable for orchestral instruments, for beginners up to Grade 5. All parts have been designed to work together to enable mixed-ability groups to perform together.
- Violin | Viola | Cello | Double bass | Guitar
- Flute | Clarinet in B♭ | Alto saxophone | Oboe | Bassoon
- Trumpet in B♭ | Trombone | Trombone in B♭ | Tenor horn | Horn in F | Euphonium | Tuba
- Timpani | Triangle/tambourine | Glockenspiel
- Download all of the intermediate parts in one .zip file
- Intermediate full score
- 1st Violin | 2nd Violin | Viola | Cello | Double bass
- 1st Flute | 2nd Flute | Clarinet in B♭ | Alto saxophone | Oboe | Bassoon
- Trumpet in B♭ | Trombone | Trombone in B♭ | Tenor horn | Horn in F | 1st Euphonium | 2nd Euphonium | Tuba | Bass in B flat (tuba)
- Download all of the Grade 4-5 parts in one .zip file
- Grade 4-5 full score
- Russian Dance - full score ordered by ability
- Russian Dance - full score ordered by instrument
- Russian Dance - condensed to half the number of staves (score in C)
- Waltz of the Flowers - full score ordered by ability
- Waltz of the Flowers - full score ordered by instrument
- Waltz of the Flowers - condensed to half the number of staves (score in C)
Notes from the arranger
By Iain Farrington
All parts have been designed to work together to enable mixed-ability groups to perform together. A certain amount of simplification has been required to adapt the pieces for mixed-ability. Some pieces have been cut to allow a 3-5 minute general duration and to remove especially difficult passages of music. A successful rendering of each piece would require the essential melodic material and bass line which are often in the Grades 4/5 parts, especially in the piano.
There are scores for each difficulty level plus three other scores for each piece: 1.Grouped according to ability 2.Grouped according to instrument type 3.'Short score' in C, grouped according to ability
There are three ability levels – beginner, intermediate (Grades 1-3) and Grades 4-5. ◾Flute parts can be played by the violins ◾Oboe parts can be played by the flutes and violins ◾Trumpet parts (in Bb) can be played by the clarinets ◾Violin parts can be played by the flutes (except when in the lowest register) ◾The 'percussion' part is a beginner part and can be played on any drum. It adds a simple rhythm layer to each piece. Timpani and full percussion parts are for intermediate or Grades 4/5
The parts scores for Tchaikovsky contain both pieces in one file.
Russian Dance: The time signatures have been modified from 2/4 to 4/4. This is to allow fewer bars overall, making counting easier (especially with rests). Waltz of the Flowers: There is a cut from bar 140 to bar 275 in the original.