England: North West Champions
Ten Pieces Champions are Music Education Hubs, Music Services, orchestras, film, dance and other arts organisations from across the UK working in collaboration with the BBC to introduce classical music to the next generation.
They have signed up to champion the project and work together on delivering music and arts education to every young person throughout the nations and regions.
There are more than 260 Champions supporting the project locally.
How you can get involved
Here you will find contacts for your local Champions who can help you get inspired.
If you're an educator working with students aged between 7-14 and want to get started working with the Ten Pieces then look no further.
If you're an educator looking for musical CPD training, get in touch and we'll recommend a contact in your area.
Specialist and non-specialist teachers alike can get involved as there are a wide variety of Champions all over the UK ready and waiting to support the work that you do in and out of the classroom.
We're delighted to have so many organisations coming up with great ideas to motivate young people to use Ten Pieces with your students aged 7-14.
If you would like to become a Ten Pieces Champion, please email TenPieces@bbc.co.uk for an application form.
What do Champions do?
Champions work in schools and local communities to build on the children’s interest and excitement stimulated by the introductory Ten Pieces film.
Many music and arts organisations have been introducing Ten Pieces into their educational activities and supporting schools to get creative with classical music.
Here’s how the Champions support the project:
• Facilitate special free screenings of the spectacular Ten Pieces film in art venues (free DVD and screening form available on request)
• Train teachers how to develop creative and composition work
• Create music-making workshops for schools inspired by one or all of the Ten Pieces
• Use the repertoire as a stimulus for whole class instrument tuition and singing sessions
• Make Ten Pieces the focus of ensemble work (vocal and orchestral)
• Work with school orchestras to perform Ten Pieces concerts and introducing children to orchestral instruments
• Link Local art, film and dance organisations with schools to create a Ten Pieces themed project or event
• Organise amateur and professional orchestra concerts featuring Ten Pieces to provide a live experience for children
You can also find out more about some of the events and activities Champions are hosting by reading the Champions Blog.
England: North West
Accent Music Education Hub Warrington
- Contact: Janice Pounds (Arts Advisor)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Angela Ball (Deputy Hub Leader)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Andrew White (Music Adviser and Head of Service)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Stuart Hazelton (Assistant Head of Service and Hub leader)
- Email: Stuart.Hazelton@bolton.gov.uk
Bridgewater Hall Manchester
- Contact: Paula Wilson (Learning and Participation Manager)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brighter Sound Manchester
- Contact: Tim Chatterton (Creative Learning Manager)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Gemma Price (Head of Service)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Simon Yeo (Manager of Cumbria Music Service)
- Email: email@example.com
Curious Minds (regional Bridge Organisation)
- Contact: Louise Hesketh (Partnership and Place Manager)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drake Music (North West)
- Contact: Tom McGrath (Programme Manager)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Steve Pickett (Education Director)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Denise Ireland (Head of Music and Performing Arts)
- Email: Denise.Ireland@knowsley.gov.uk
- Contact: Ben Rapp (Regional Manager)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Mel Burton (Deputy Head of Service)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Music Trust Sandbach / Cheshire East
- Contact: Iain McKnight (Assistant Director)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Lucy Geddes (Head of Learning and Participation)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester Central Library - Henry Watson Music Library
- Contact: Ros Edwards (Service Development Co-ordinator Henry Watson Music library)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Rachel Rogers (Project Development manager)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Music working throughout Lancashire and the North West
- Contact: Darren Leadsom (Music Inclusion and Education Manager)
- Email: Darren.email@example.com
- Contact: Elizabeth Brocklehurst (Subject Leader Curriculum Music)
- Email: Elizabeth.Brocklehurst@oldham.gov.uk
- Contact: Lindsay Thomas (Head of Service)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
QLP Partners, Cheshire West and Chester
- Contact: Cate Madden (Deputy Director of Music Service, Primary Music Adviser)
- Email: Cate.Madden@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
- Contact: Liz Jacobs (Project Manager)
- Email: email@example.com
Rosehill Theatre Cumbria
- Contact: Anne Timpson (Manager- Audience Development and Participation)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Richard Milton (Head of Service)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Chris Lennie (Hub Lead and Head of Music Service)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Helens Council Arts Service
- Contact: Jeremy Sleith (Head of Service)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Craig Eastwood (Head of Music Service)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Tracy Webster (Education Manager Cultural Services)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Chris Jolly (Head of Service)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Claire Lloyd (General Manager)
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: Kate Shipway (Vocal Tutor)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Carmel Loughney (Curriculum Leader)
- Email: email@example.com