Primary Music KS1: 5. Food is for Celebration
5. Food is for Celebration
- Simple, syncopated rhythms
- Exploring food for celebration and also nourishment and sharing - at different times during the year
You will need:
Some ‘global’ percussion instruments - eg African drums, South American percussion, Indian bells, plus shakers and scrapers from around the world.
- Talk about the children’s favourite foods for different times of day (breakfast, lunch, supper, etc), for different seasons and at parties.
Song: 'Food is for Celebration'
To download files right click on the links and then select either:
- 'Save Target As' (PC)
- 'Download Linked File' (Mac)
Documents (pdf files)
- Teacher's Notes - guidance on the series
- Food is for Celebration - Lyrics
- Food is for Celebration - Music
- Bake a Cake - Lyrics
- Bake a Cake - Music
Audio (mp3 files)