Safer Internet Day - Live Lesson
Help your pupils stay safe, sensitive and smart online
Safer Internet Day, coordinated by the UK Safer Internet Centre, is an annual celebration aiming to raise awareness of emerging online issues and concerns amongst young people, from cyberbullying to social networking to digital identity.
In this 30-minute Live Lesson in partnership with the UK Safer Internet Centre, aimed at primary-aged students and linked to the primary computing curriculum, we learn about how we can stay safe, responsible and wise in an increasingly digital world, with tips and advice from some of the biggest personalities on the web.
The lesson will be made available right here on BBC Teach and on the CBBC channel on the morning of 9th February 2021 at 11am for your class to view in school or at home, and we'll be running a live commentary page alongside the school day to showcase how you and your pupils are marking Safer Internet Day.
If you are sending in any images or videos that feature children, please ensure that you have parental permission, as they may be shown during the Live Lesson and on our website. Please be aware that the BBC may ask you to demonstrate that you have received verifiable parental consent. In the email, please confirm your official relationship to the child/children featured, e.g. teacher and confirm that you have sought prior parental consent. Please also ensure the material is not sensitive or controversial. Read our terms and conditions for more information.
How to get involved:
- Download the teacher and parent/carer guide and activity sheet below, to be used alongside the Live Lesson:
- Send us your pupils' top tips for keeping safe online and they could be featured on the live commentary page. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your school name.
- Let us know if you'll be watching by emailing your school name to email@example.com, and your school name could be featured on our live commentary page.
Supporting resources from Twinkl
This Live Lesson is supported by free teaching resources from Twinkl, additional materials that can be used before and after the Live Lesson to help extend the learning. Download today using the links below:
- KS1 - Safer Internet Day activity sheet and answer sheet
- LKS2 - Safer Internet Day activity sheet and answer sheet
- UKS2 - Safer Internet Day activity sheet and answer sheet
Resources to support parents and carers
BBC Bitesize: How can you use the web safely?
BBC Bitesize: Keeping safe online
CBBC Newsround: Advice and tips for staying safe online