Numeracy Live Lesson 2 - KS2 / First & Second Level
Chris Johnson and Mrs Vee from Bitesize Daily are on board the Live Lessons space ship as they fly through this maths lesson.
They round numbers to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000, and add two and three-digit numbers to help them on their journey, all whilst outrunning a hoard of aliens!
This series of weekly Live Lessons for Autumn 2020, is designed to support children in catching up on literacy and numeracy as they return to school after lockdown.
Each week, we published two lessons, one for KS1/First Level and one for KS2/First & Second Level. The lessons are designed for use in the classroom, but are also suitable to be used at home should schools be closed again.
Please note that this lesson was published in 2020 and we are no longer reviewing emails and messages from schools for inclusion in the lesson or on the page.
Children will be encouraged to:
- round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000
- add numbers with up to 4 digits using the formal written methods of columnar addition where appropriate
- estimate and use inverse operations to check answers to a calculation
- add and subtract numbers mentally
- solve problems, including missing number problems, using number facts, place value, and more complex addition and subtraction.
Supporting resources from Twinkl
This Live Lesson is supported by free teaching resources from Twinkl. Download today using the links below: