Numeracy Live Lesson 3 - KS1 / First Level
This space-themed Live Lesson sees Rhys Stephenson and Mr Smith from Bitesize Daily travel the Universe, picking up maths skills along the way.
They learn how to add and subtract numbers up to 100, and even have a space race!
This series of weekly Live Lessons for Autumn 2020, is designed to support children in catching up on literacy and numeracy as they return to school after lockdown.
Each week, we published two lessons, one for KS1/First Level and one for KS2/First & Second Level. The lessons are designed for use in the classroom, but are also suitable to be used at home should schools be closed again.
Please note that this lesson was published in 2020 and we are no longer reviewing emails and messages from schools for inclusion in the lesson or on the page.
Children will be encouraged to:
- read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (–) and equals (=) signs
- add and subtract one-digit and two-digit numbers to 20, including zero
- add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including:
- a two-digit number and ones
- a two-digit number and tens
- two two-digit numbers
Supporting resources from Twinkl
This Live Lesson is supported by free teaching resources from Twinkl. Download today using the links below: