Literacy Live Lesson 5 - KS2 / First & Second Level
For our final literacy lesson of the term, Ayshah Tull and Mrs Vee look at the book Battle Bunny, learn how to edit text, and look at blackout poetry and graffiti along the way.
Guest readings from the book's authors inspire pupils to develop their own characters and to use a range of words in their writing by thinking about synonyms and antonyms.
This is part of a series of weekly Live Lessons for Autumn 2020, designed to support children in catching up on literacy and numeracy as they return to school after lockdown.
Each week, we will publish two lessons, one for KS1/First Level and one for KS2/First & Second Level. The lessons are designed for use in the classroom, but are also suitable to be used at home should schools be closed again.
Pupils are encouraged to:
- Identify the differences between two texts (words and illustrations)
- Create their own character using the text as a stimulus
- Explore different types of story genres
- Understand that synonyms are words with similar meanings and sort synonyms on a scale of language
- Edit a text in their own style (precise choice of language)
Supporting resources from Twinkl
This Live Lesson is supported by free teaching resources from Twinkl. Download today using the links below: