Literacy Live Lesson 3 - KS1 / First Level
This literacy lesson is presented by CBeebies' Rebecca Keatley and Mr Smith from Bitesize Daily.
They read 'The Tale of a Toothbrush', explain how to write questions, explore alliteration, and investigate how we can help to protect the environment.
This is part of a series of weekly Live Lessons for Autumn 2020, designed to support children in catching up on literacy and numeracy as they return to school after lockdown.
Each week, we published two lessons, one for KS1/First Level and one for KS2/First & Second Level. The lessons are designed for use in the classroom, but are also suitable to be used at home should schools be closed again.
Please note that this lesson was published in 2020 and we are no longer reviewing emails and messages from schools for inclusion in the lesson or on the page.
Children are encouraged to:
- Write questions using a question starter and a question mark
- Use alliteration to create a sentence in the style of the text
- Sort objects made from different materials (plastic, paper and metal)
- Understand that some objects can be recycled and reused
- Design and draw a recycling invention
Supporting resources from Twinkl
This Live Lesson is supported by free teaching resources from Twinkl. Download today using the links below: