Science KS1 / KS2: The Great British Year
A series of spectacular clips exploring British plants, animals and landscapes throughout the four seasons of the year.
These clips are taken from the original BBC series, Great British Year
They include :
- Winter: how animals find food to eat in the winter, and how humans can help them
- Autumn: how animals store food, migrate and hibernate
- Spring: How native birds display seasonal behaviour and how plants burst into leaf
- Summer: How farmers need good weather to harvest crops
- How fallen leaves are broken down by worms, fungi and slime molds
- What it takes to raise a baby bird and how male birds sing to attract a partner
Suitable for: KS1 and KS2 in England and Wales and Northern Ireland and Early and 1st Level in Scotland.