Maths KS3 / GCSE: Real Life Maths
Using various maths concepts such as ratio and proportion, probability, percentages and fractions - these clips show how students can apply maths to every day real life scenarios.
Students will be able to use:
- Probability using weather forecasting methods and picking chocolates from a box
- Percentages to work out discounts when going shopping
- Algebra to work out the cost of a mobile phone contract and to calculate snacks at the cinema
- Fractions where a group of friends demonstrate how to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions in order to share a meal
- Finance which shows a man buying a car on finance and he has to calculate how much his monthly payments would be
These clips are taken from the series, Real Life Maths
Suitable for: KS3 / GCSE in England Wales and Northern Ireland. Also at National 4, 5 and Higher in Scotland.