Music KS3 / GCSE: Play On!
Celebrity presenters reveal their personal thoughts on classical music and explain why certain pieces are their favourite compositions.
The collection includes the following:
- Symphony No 5 by Ludwig van Beethoven - presented by Barney Harwood
- Mars by Gustav Holst - presented by Katie Melua
- The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi - presented by Myleene Klass
- Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin - presented by Dionne Bromfield
- Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copland - presented by Jameela Jamil
- Zadok the Priest by George Frideric Handel - presented by Martin Dougan
- HandsFree by Anna Meredith - presented by Dev Griffin
- Dance of the Knights by Sergei Prokofiev - presented by Danielle Peazer
- Short Ride in a Fast Machine by John Adams - presented by Khalil Madovi
- Night on the Bare Mountain by Mussorgsky - presented by Dan Starkey
These short films are from the BBC series, Play On!
Suitable for teaching KS3 and GCSE in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and National 4 and National 5 in Scotland.