Music KS3 / GCSE: Play On!
Celebrity presenters reveal their personal thoughts on classical music and explain why certain pieces are their favourite compositions.
The collection includes the following:
- Symphony No 5 by Ludwig van Beethoven - presented by Barney Harwood
- Mars by Gustav Holst - presented by Katie Melua
- The Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi - presented by Myleene Klass
- Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin - presented by Dionne Bromfield
- Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copland - presented by Jameela Jamil
- Zadok the Priest by George Frideric Handel - presented by Martin Dougan
- HandsFree by Anna Meredith - presented by Dev Griffin
- Dance of the Knights by Sergei Prokofiev - presented by Danielle Peazer
- Short Ride in a Fast Machine by John Adams - presented by Khalil Madovi
- Night on the Bare Mountain by Mussorgsky - presented by Dan Starkey
These short films are from the BBC series, Play On! For more music resources like this try Ten Pieces, which helps classroom teachers and ensemble leaders open up the world of classical music to 7-14 year olds.
Suitable for teaching KS3 and GCSE in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and National 4 and National 5 in Scotland.