Geography KS3: Explain This...
This series includes:
- background information on primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary industries, what each contributes to society and the country, and how they are linked
- a look at the various types of erosion and the impact of water as the main cause of erosion
- tectonic plates: what they are and how their movement impacts on Earth
- an understanding of what climate is and the factors that impact on it
- how glaciers shape the land
- how rapid urbanisation impacts on both urban and rural areas, and the challenges this presents
- the impact of coastal and river flooding on communities, how patterns of flooding are changing over time and how humans respond to flooding
These clips are taken from the original BBC series, Explain This...
These short films are relevant for teaching Geography at KS3 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and 3rd and 4th Level in Scotland.