Biology KS3 / KS4: Science of the Harvest
A series of fascinating clips in which food writer and presenter Stefan Gates explores the science behind agriculture's most important event, harvest.
Science of the Harvest themes include:
- Germination and the conversion and storage of glucose
- How photosynthesis is vital to the success of farming
- How the combine harvester has changed the way we farm
- The development of artificial selection in farming
- The importance of animal pollinators and their relation to our fruit harvest
- The science of ripening and seed dispersal
These clips are from the BBC series, Science of the Harvest
Suitable for: KS3 and KS4/GCSE in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and 3rd, 4th Level, National 4, National 5 and Higher in Scotland.