Super Movers Mascot Mashup - Terms & Conditions
Here are the full terms and conditions of the Super Movers Mascot Mashup in partnership with BBC and the Premier League.
Terms and Conditions.
1. Employees of the British Broadcasting Corporation ("BBC"), BBC Studios Limited and BBC Worldwide Limited, trading as BBC Studios, Snappin' Turtle and The Premier League may not enter.
2. The search opens on 27th February 2018 and closes at 23.59 BST on 11th March 2019 ("Closing Date").
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over on the Closing Date and be a qualified primary school teacher, teaching assistant or football club employee residing in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) in order to be selected.
Entries and judging processes
4. Entrants must make a video of 10-15 (ten to fifteen) seconds of the children in their class performing a goal celebration or dance move that could become part of a bigger routine. Teachers can feature in the video in lieu of children where necessary.
5. Entrants should enter by uploading videos to social media using #supermovers and @plcommunities.
6. Emails or other forms of entry will not be accepted. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
7. The entries will be judged on the quality of the goal celebration. We are looking for a lively and fun celebration with original elements that can be performed by football mascots wearing costumes with some limitations on mobility and vision.
8. Entries must not have been previously submitted or published in any manner or commissioned by another party.
9. All eligible entries will be viewed by the Super Movers judging team at the BBC, Premier League and Snappin' Turtle and up to 20 will be shortlisted.
10. Envisaged Timeline:
• Mascot Mashup opens 27th February 2019; Closes 11th March 2019;
• The Super Movers team views all entries, shortlists up to 20 routines and judging panel select 3 routines between 12th March and 14th March (3 days);
• Chosen routines may be performed on The One Show on 20th March 2019 or another television programme around that date. However, the event is not guaranteed to be televised.
• The Super Movers team will use its best efforts to adhere to this timeline, but if a large number of entries are received these dates may be altered and a notice will be posted on Super Movers website at https://www.bbc.co.uk/supermovers
11. The hashtag that entrants will use to post videos will be publicly available so your video will be visible to others.
12. The BBC reserves the right to change or discontinue this mascot mashup at any time.
13. In the event that no entrant achieves the requisite standard required by the BBC, the BBC Super Movers team reserves the right not to select any routines and choreograph their own.
14. After the Closing Date, all eligible entries will be viewed by the BBC Super Movers team and a shortlist of up to 20 will be selected. The shortlisted routines will be reviewed by a selection panel of 3 TBC.
15. The selection panel will select three routines based on the criteria: fun, elements of originality and whether they can be can be performed by the mascots.
16. A Super Movers choreographer will incorporate the selected routines into a larger dance for a collection of mascots to perform in an event that may be televised.
17. As well as being performed live on BBC One and appearing on BBC iPlayer, the BBC will publish and promote the routine film on the Super Movers website, social media and other social, TV, and Radio platforms.
18. It is the entrants' sole responsibility to ensure that all appropriate permissions, including parental permissions (where applicable), are obtained before an entry is uploaded to social media.
19. The Super Movers judging team will review the entries on social media, but we will not locally store the entries unless the entry is shortlisted. If you have any questions about how the BBC handles your personal information, or you wish to find out about your rights, please visit the BBC's Privacy and Cookies Policy. You will also be able to find out more information about how the BBC processes your information and how you can contact the BBC's Data Protection Officer.
20. If your entry is successful, Snappin' Turtle will contact the entrant on behalf of the Super Movers partners. The successful entries will be processed by the Super Movers partners, made publically available, and used for the purposes described in these terms and conditions.
21. For further information about how the personal information of successful entrants may be processed by the BBC, please see the BBC contributors' privacy notice: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contributors/privacy-notice.
22. Intellectual Property
21. All work submitted by entrants must be their own original work, new and not be copied from another source. We will only select original work.
22. By submitting an entry, each entrant represents and warrants to the BBC (which is a legal promise) that: (i) the entrant owns the copyright and all the rights in the work submitted; and (ii) that the entrant has the right to submit it to Super Movers for the purposes of the mascot mashup; and (iii) no material submitted will be defamatory or obscene or likely to bring the BBC into disrepute. Each entrant grants to Super Movers the right to use their work as contemplated in these terms.
23. The BBC reserves the right to reject any entry which is illegible, dangerous, incomplete, over length, arrives after the Closing Date, is submitted by an ineligible entrant or for any other reason at its sole discretion. Incomplete entries or those which, in the opinion of the BBC, infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, contains any objectionable content, profanity or is potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory will be disqualified. Any individual who tampers with the entry process or who has in the opinion of the BBC engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the mascot challenge or is generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the BBC Super Movers campaign or the BBC will be disqualified.
24. By entering this Super Movers Mascot Mashup, you grant the BBC and its licensees and assigns a non-exclusive irrevocable worldwide right and licence for the term of copyright (and any extensions) to re-transmit, edit, translate, adapt, alter, join together your entry with other entries or material at any stage and to commercially exploit the entry in any manner the BBC sees fit.
25. Each entrant confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission and children have permission from parents or guardians for the inclusion of their image in the entry and use of the entry (including their image) by the entrant and BBC.
26. General conditions
27. The BBC will not be responsible for any incomplete, scrambled or incomprehensible entries. Proof of sending shall not constitute proof of delivery.
28. This mascot challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social network. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the BBC and production company Snappin' Turtle. The information the entrant provides will only be used for the purposes contemplated in these terms and conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this mascot challenge must be directed to the BBC and not to any social network.
29. Events may occur that render the mascot challenge impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the BBC and the BBC may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the mascot challenge or these terms and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach itself to the BBC as a result thereof.
30. The school name and video of the successful entrants may be published on the BBC Super Movers website, Premier League website and BBC Sport Website from March 2019 onwards. There may be TV, Radio, Social Media or online promotional activities that the successful entrants agree to take part in. Any promotional activity or press release the successful entrants make in relation to this mascot mashup must be pre-approved by the BBC in writing.
31. Save for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law, the BBC excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to any entrant arising from their entry into the mascot challenge or occurring to entrants arising from their participation in the final performance.
32. By entering this mascot challenge, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
33. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
34. This mascot mashup is being run by: The British Broadcasting Corporation, c/o BBC Learning, 3rd Floor, Bridge House, MediaCityUK, Salford, M50 2BH Super Movers Mascot Mashup.