This entry is now closed for comments.
84. See? No excuses. Still a crap pitch though
andy@84More a case of you looking attention.Go troll elsewhere, there's a good boy.
84. Excuses? Saying the pitch is crap isn’t an excuse. Saying “we lost because he pitch was crap” would be an excuse.
#84Ireland not making excuses and clearly stated that the pitch is the same for both teams.And looking pretty positive to be fair .....
Same pitch for Samoa so why is Ireland starting the excuse game before it's kicked off something don't seem right where is all the positives gone
Well said 81. And, look at that pitch. Ridiculous!
78. These are the most sensible comments I have read. https://twitter.com/brianmoore666/status/1182355309337153537?s=20I obviously hope people are safe and the damage is minimal.I have no doubt the Japanese want the match to go ahead.It would be the greatest achievement ever for a side of their stature to beat us and go through.
joke of world cup at this pointamateurish to cancel games.Not doing the image of the game much good!!
Hope Ireland get a decent result and not Fukuoka it up for themselves!
78. “A good number of comments have been crass in the extreme”... agreed, your obnoxious racist comment (which was removed) being perhaps the best example.
69. Posted byRyutaro HigaYours is the most sensible comment I have seen on the subject. At least there are 2 people who understand what a typhoon can do and be likeA good many of the comments are crass in the extreme
76. Was that at a World Cup Sophie? Perhaps the snooker world champs should be played in a pub where there isn’t enough room at one end of the table and you choose your cue by rolling them all on the table to find the one that is least warped? The World Cup should be the flagship event rather than matching them worst conditions they amateurs face
This is going to be a farcical game with this pitch. Hope there’s not loads of injuries.
A pitch is a pitch.Played on a few, swamp one end. Ruts from centre circle .As long as it is the right size, get on with it.
Hoping Ireland go through and Scotland get a fair chance (even if I want Japan to win and face SA). As an England fan I would be livid if I was in their situation. World Rugby's rule that they must cancel matches and not postpone seems incredibly stupid. Now 3 teams will be deemed to have an "advantage" (i.e. excuses by the losers if any of them win). Let's hope England play NZ at least...
Will Ireland be able to sue if players get badly injured when a scrum collapses due to the pitch sliding from under them? There is a lot of power in a professional scrum I do not see that pitch holding up with an U18 scrum never mind 2 international packs.
Justin150 We were in Japan last year in late September/earlier October. Our flight to Japan was moved to a different airport because of typhoon damage and airport closure; our return flight was delayed by a day for the same reason but a different typhoon. To arrange this competition in Japan for this time was irresponsible, if not stupid. Japan’s W Cup should be held in Spring!!!
Loads of troll with no idea stating Scotland should have read the rules they did and were reassured as they have been repeatedly by RWC there was 'robust contingency plans' in place. When such plans involve going 14 miles away the word robust is not valid hence they have been mislead so lawyers are required.
We're having some problems displaying the comments at the moment. Sorry. We're doing our best to fix it.
You must sign in to rate comments