Premiership: Harlequins 32-37 Bath

Joe Cokanasiga scores a try for Bath
Joe Cokanasiga scored for Bath either side of half-time
Gallagher Premiership
Harlequins (15) 32
Tries: Care, Marchant, Marler, Mulchrone Cons: Smith, Lang 2 Pens: Smith 2
Bath (25) 37
Tries: Roberts, Mercer 2, Cokanasiga 2 Cons: Burns 2, Priestland Pen: Burns Drop-goal: Burns

Bath registered their first win of the Premiership season as they hung on for a bonus-point victory at Harlequins.

The visitors led 25-15 at half-time as Jamie Roberts, Zach Mercer and Joe Cokanasiga crossed, with Danny Care and Joe Marchant replying for Quins.

Mercer and Cokanasiga notched their second scores after the break to put Bath 37-18 ahead.

After Semesa Rokoduguni was sin-binned, tries from Joe Marler and Charlie Mulchrone set up a tense finale.

Roberts burst over to open the scoring from close range before Care showed good hands to touch down and Marchant raced over after James Chisholm intercepted.

But the Blue, Black and Whites hit back with 25 unanswered points either side of half-time, as Mercer powered across Cokanasiga and touched down acrobatically.

The visitors led by 19 points when they were reduced to 14 men and thought they had extended their lead through Chris Cook's breakaway try, but the score was ruled out by the television match official as Aled Brew had interfered with the pursuing Nathan Earle.

Quins then rallied and Mulchrone's score at the death meant Bath had to endure several minutes of added time as the hosts searched in vain for a score which would level the scores.

Harlequins' late flurry secured them two bonus points for their efforts, but Paul Gustard's side have now suffered back-to-back defeats.

Harlequins: Morris; Earle, Marchant, Tapuai, Walker; Smith, Care; Lambert, Elia, Collier, Symons, Lamb, Wallace, Robshaw (capt), Chisholm.

Replacements: Ward, Marler, Swainston, South, Bothma, Mulchrone, Lang, Lasike.

Bath: Homer; Rokoduguni, Willison, Roberts, Cokanasiga; Burns, Green; Catt, Dunn, Thomas, Stooke, Charteris (capt), Ellis, Underhill, Mercer.

Replacements: Walker, van Rooyen, Perenise, Ewels, Faletau, Cook, Priestland, Brew.

Sin-bin: Rokoduguni (67).

Referee: Matthew Carley.