Premiership: Gloucester come from behind to beat Bristol Bears 35-13

Charlie Sharples
Gloucester's Charlie Sharples goes over for his first try against Bristol Bears
Gallagher Premiership
Gloucester (3) 35
Tries: Sharples 2, Grobler, Slater, Banahan Cons: Twelvetrees 2 Pens: Twelvetrees 2
Bristol (13) 13
Tries: Morahan Cons: Madigan Pens: Madigan 2

Gloucester came from behind at half-time to secure victory in a West Country derby with Bristol Bears.

In a tight first half, Australia back Luke Morahan scored the only try as Bristol led 13-3 at the interval.

Debutant Gerbrandt Grobler's early second-half try was followed by two scores for Charlie Sharples in six minutes as the hosts went in front.

Ed Slater powered over for Gloucester's bonus point, before Matt Banahan went over in the last minute.

This was Gloucester's second victory in their opening three Premiership matches, added to last week's 31-31 draw with Bath.

Once again their England fly-half Danny Cipriani made positive headlines, dictating the play and guiding the Cherry and Whites around the field to bolster his international ambitions.

Promoted Bristol, who beat Bath on the opening day before a defeat by Saracens last weekend, made the brighter start. After a Billy Twelvetrees penalty saw Gloucester get points on the board first, the visitors took control of the first half.

Ian Madigan successfully converted two penalties, either side of Morahan running in for the game's first try when Madigan's kick was patted down into his path by Steven Luatua.

Bristol's 10-point half-time lead was cut within a minute of the restart as Cipriani's kick to start the half put the visitors under pressure, which resulted in Grobler powering over from close range.

The Bears were reduced to 14 when George Smith was penalised and Sharples went over twice while his side had the man advantage.

Cipriani sent Sharples in under the posts and then a great maul from Gloucester saw him scamper over on the right-hand side.

Slater crashed the line from close range to make the game safe, while Twelvetrees added a penalty and Banahan forced his way over with the last play of the game as Gloucester scored 32 unanswered points in the second half.

Gloucester: Woodward; Sharples, Trinder, Twelvetrees, Banahan; Cipriani, Braley; Rapava-Ruskin, Marais, Balmain; Slater (capt), Grobler; Polledri, Ludlow, Ackermann

Replacements: Hanson, Hohneck, Knight, Clarke, Morgan, Vellacott, Atkinson, Hudson

Bristol Bears: O'Conor; Morahan, S. Piutau, Pisi, Edwards; Madigan, Randall; Thomas, Malton, Afoa, Joyce, Vui, Luatua (capt), Smith, Lam

Replacements: Thacker, Woolmore, Armstrong, Holmes, Haining, Stirzaker, Sheedy, Kirchner.

Referee: Tom Foley (RFU).