Premiership: Harlequins 36-14 Worcester Warriors

Danny Care
Danny Care crossed for the game's first try on three minutes
Aviva Premiership
Harlequins (7) 36
Tries: Care, Horwill, Brown, Marchant, Visser Cons: Evans 3, Swiel Pens: Evans
Worcester (7) 14
Tries: Willison, Te'o Cons: Shillcock 2

Harlequins scored five tries in a bonus-point Premiership win over Worcester at The Stoop.

Danny Care's early Quins score and Jackson Willison's try for Warriors saw the sides level at 7-7 at half-time.

But James Horwill, Mike Brown, Joe Marchant and Tim Visser crossed for the dominant hosts after the break.

Warriors, whose last away league win came at Harlequins in March, have lost four straight games in all competitions and have only one win this term.

Victory was Quins' fifth in a row at home and took them eight points above Worcester in the table.

England prop Joe Marler made life difficult for the home side at the end of the first half when he was sent to the sin bin for collapsing a maul, but Warriors were unable to capitalise before the break.

Ben Te'o did cross for the visitors in the second half, touching down after neat work from Ryan Lamb and Willison, although it was not enough to counter a flurry of Harlequins attacks.

Quins almost had another try before Visser's late fifth, but the Scot's first score was ruled out for an earlier block on Niall Annett after a referral to the television match official.

Harlequins director of rugby John Kingston:

"We scored very early on but we got too ambitious and impatient on the ball.

"Defensively we weren't as intense as we can be and being just one percent off at this level can be enough.

"I got some messages across at half-time and thereafter we moved skilfully through the gears and, by the end, we looked a really good side."

Worcester Warriors head coach Carl Hogg:

"We put Quins under pressure in the first half and we needed to nail that attacking line-out when they were down to 14 men and then we would have put them under more pressure.

"After the restart, Quins scored two quick tries and the game was a different contest as we conceded a few soft tries out there.

"That 10-minute window early in the second half saw us lose control and we need to be more robust when the pressure comes on."

Harlequins: Brown; Yarde, Marchant, Stanley, Visser; Evans, Care (capt); Marler, Buchanan, Collier, Matthews, Horwill, Robshaw, Wallace, J Chisholm.

Replacements: Gray, Lambert, Jones, Luamanu, Ward, Dickson, Swiel, Alofa.

Worcester: Shillcock; Pennell, Willison, Te'o, Hammond; Lamb, Arr; Rapava Ruskin, Bregvadze, Schonert, O'Callaghan, Barry, Faosiliva, Kirwan, Dowson (capt).

Replacements: Annett, Leleimalefaga, Johnston, Hewitt, Potgieter, Baldwin, Adams, Olivier

Referee: Luke Pearce (RFU)

For the latest rugby union news follow @bbcrugbyunion on Twitter.