Premiership: Bath 37-22 Worcester

Leroy Houston
Leroy Houston returned to Bath on Tuesday, on a short-term deal until the end of October having left The Rec to return to Australia in the summer
Bath (6) 37
Tries: Watson, Banahan, Rokoduguni, Houston Cons: Ford 4 Pens: Ford 3
Worcester Warriors (17) 22
Tries: Annett, Hammond, Humphreys Cons: Heathcote 2 Pens: Heathcote

Leroy Houston scored a try on his return for Bath as they fought back to beat Worcester Warriors at The Rec.

The visitors led 17-6 at the break, with Niall Annett and Dean Hammond crossing for tries, while George Ford kicked two penalties in response.

Tries from Anthony Watson, Matt Banahan, Semesa Rokoduguni carried the hosts into a 30-17 lead before Perry Humphreys went over for Worcester.

Houston try sealed Bath's bonus-point win to put them top of the table.

Saturday's other Premiership action
Exeter 36-25 Harlequins
Saracens 27-12 Northampton
Saturday's Premiership rugby as it happened

Bath, already struggling with injuries to Taulupe Faletau and David Denton, lost David Sisi early on in a first half when they failed to contain a industrious Worcester side.

While the hosts, who had beaten the Warriors on 11 previous visits to The Rec, struggled to create openings before the break, they were hard to stop in the second half as England international Watson, in his first match of the season, went in for their opening try.

Banahan did well to gather a Ford kick to help put the hosts ahead for the first time, before linking up with Rokoduguni as the winger added a third.

Humphreys gave Worcester renewed hope, but Rokoduguni went close again before Houston completed the win.

Bath director of rugby Todd Blackadder: "I knew there was no better way to get Leroy engaged than just go out there and play and enjoy himself.

"We were certainly put under the pump.

"Worcester were outstanding in that first half. We let them play around us too easily but we'll take a lot out of that.

"It wasn't a rant and a rave at half-time, just about simple things to put our game right - to carry hard and have really good clean-outs and quick ball."

Worcester head coach Carl Hogg: "I thought in the first half we were excellent.

"Ball in hand, we showed real enterprise and caused Bath some issues defensively.

"The game obviously swung on a 10-minute window in the second half when we made back-to-back errors and someone of George Ford's quality exploited it.

"In the second half we didn't get so many opportunities. I think we did enough to get something out of the game."

Bath: Homer; Rokoduguni, Banahan, Bowden, Watson; Ford (capt), Fotulai'i; Auterac, Batty, Thomas, Charteris, Attwood, Ewels, Sisi, Houston.

Replacements: Dunn, Catt, Palma-Newport, Stooke, Mercer, Homer, Brew, Williams.

Worcester: Shillcock; Hammond, Olivier, Willison, Humphreys; Heathcote, Arr; Ruskin, Annett, Johnston, O'Callaghan, Barry, Mama, Kirwan, Dowson (capt).

Replacements: Bregvadze, Leleimalefaga, Daniels, Scotland-Williamson, Cavubati, Baldwin, Eden, Adams.