Pro12: Connacht 11-32 Ospreys

Media playback is not supported on this device

Pro12 highlights: Connacht 11-32 Ospreys
Connacht (3) 11
Try: McKeon Pens: Carty 2
Ospreys (10) 32
Tries: Webb 2, Ardron, Hassler Cons: S Davies 3 Pens: S Davies 2

The Ospreys made it two bonus-point wins from two matches to go top of the Pro12 table as they thumped ailing champions Connacht at the Sportsground.

Rhys Webb scored tries in either half, with Tyler Ardron and Jeff Hassler also crossing for the visitors and Sam Davies adding 12 points with the boot.

Eoin McKeon scored Connacht's only try, with Jack Carty kicking two penalties.

The Irish province are rooted to the bottom of the table, having lost 41-5 at home to Glasgow in their opener.

Their opponents went into the game on the back of a 59-5 demolition of Italian side Zebre in their opening fixture.

The Ospreys were the early aggressors and Davies' fifth-minute penalty opened the scoring in Galway, while the erratic Carty missed a gilt-edged chance to respond.

Connacht ended the first quarter on level terms, a Matt Healy surge down the left wing securing territory and Carty was successful with a subsequent penalty.

Webb's snappy 29th-minute try from a scrum proved to be the difference between the sides at the break, the scrum-half showing good strength to make it over despite the presence of Carty and Eoin Griffin. Davies converted for 10-3.

Ospreys number eight sin-binned

Carty punished a high tackle by Sam Davies with a 45th-minute penalty and Ardron's neck-high challenge on Finlay Bealham drew a yellow card six minutes later, following the input of TMO Alan Falzone.

A crooked lineout thwarted Connacht's initial subsequent attack but they bided their time, ramping up the pressure and then setting flanker McKeon free for a simple finish off a Bundee Aki pass.

Carty drew his left-sided conversion wide and it was his loose kick that was run back with interest by Dan Evans, the next scrum earning a penalty which Davies fired over for 13-11.

From then on there was only one team in it as the Ospreys ruthlessly exploited the gaps in the champions' defence.

Ardron muscled over from close range and then Webb ran the ideal support line to turn Ben John's brilliant break and offload into a try.

The bonus point arrived three minutes from time, industrious full-back Evans charging over halfway and sending Hassler over in the left corner, with Davies' final conversion completing his 12-point haul.

Ospreys' Tyler Ardron told S4C's Y Clwb Rygbi: "We've got a great bunch of guys.

"We've been working really hard this off season and I think the best teams in the world can come through in the last 20 to 10 minutes and that's what we did tonight.

"Of all the things we can take pride in tonight, that last 20 minutes is probably the main one."

Connacht: Tiernan O'Halloran; Niyi Adeolokun, Eoin Griffin, Bundee Aki, Matt Healy; Jack Carty, Kieran Marmion; Ronan Loughney, Tom McCartney, Finlay Bealham; Ultan Dillane, Danny Qualter; Eoin McKeon, James Connolly, John Muldoon (capt).

Replacements: JP Cooney for Bealham (60), Lewis Stevenson for Qualter (68), Caolin Blade for Marmion (68), Shane O'Leary for Carty (66).

Not Used: Dave Heffernan, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Rory Moloney, Danie Poolman.

Ospreys: Dan Evans; Jeff Hassler, Ben John, Josh Matavesi, Eli Walker; Sam Davies, Rhys Webb (capt); Nicky Smith, Sam Parry, Dmitri Arhip, Bradley Davies, Rory Thornton, Olly Cracknell, Justin Tipuric, Tyler Ardron.

Replacements: Scott Baldwin for Parry (66), Paul James for Smith (56), Ma'afu Fia for Arhip (56), Lloyd Ashley for Thornton (44), James King for Cracknell (60), Tom Habberfield for Walker (74).

Not Used: Dan Baker, Jonathan Spratt

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU)

Assistant referees: Claudio Blessano (FIR), Leo Colgan (IRFU)

Citing commissioner: Tim Lowry (IRFU)

TMO: Alan Falzone (FIR)