Springbok centre Juan de Jongh out of Wales and Scotland Tests
First Test: South Africa v Wales
- Growthpoint Kings Park, Durban
- Saturday, 14 June
- 16:00 BST
- Live commentary on BBC Radio Wales, Radio Cymru and the BBC Sport website
South Africa centre Juan de Jongh has been ruled out of the Springboks' Tests against Wales and Scotland.
The 26-year-old Stormers back has been discharged from hospital with a severe chest infection after receiving treatment for pneumonia.
Springbok coach Heyneke Meyer said: "We wanted to give him a run during this series, as he's been in great form for the Stormers.
"At this stage he needs to focus on getting better."
Springbok team doctor Craig Roberts said: "Unfortunately this infection really takes a severe toll on the body.
"And although he has recovered sufficiently, he has been advised not to participate in vigorous physical activity for the next three to four weeks."
South Africa warmed up for the first Test against Wales in Durban on Saturday, 14 June, with a
Centre Jan Serfontein starts in place of Frans Steyn, who withdrew from the Springbok squad on Tuesday.
JP Pietersen has moved from the wing to partner the 21-year-old in the South African midfield.
South Africa coach Meyer said De Jongh "is the fifth centre we've lost in the last month".
Meyer added: "His versatility in the midfield will be missed. I'm sure he will bounce back strongly."
Uncapped Sharks back Paul Jordaan and 37-capped centre Wynand Olivier have been called up to the Springbok squad to replace Steyn and De Jongh.
South Africa face Wales on 14 and 21 June before hosting Scotland on 28 June in Port Elizabeth.