Rio Olympics 2016: GB into women's hockey final, Bolt & Farah - day 12 round-up
Britain's women reached the Olympic hockey final for the first time while Usain Bolt won his 200m semi-final and Elaine Thompson sealed a sprint double.
GB beat New Zealand 3-0 to set up a Friday final against the Netherlands.
Just as at London 2012, there were no medals for GB on day 12 of the Games, but Britain remain second in the table.
The women's hockey team face the Dutch, who are aiming for a third straight Olympic gold, at 21:00 BST on Friday.
United States top the medal table ahead of Britain, who are level with China on 19 golds, but ahead on silver medals.
Britain's Hannah Mills and Saskia Clark must wait to be crowned Olympic women's 470 sailing champions after racing was postponed.
The men's and women's 470 sailing medal races did not start because of a lack of wind in Marina da Gloria, with both rescheduled for Thursday.
|Latest full table|
|2. Great Britain||19||19||12||50|
Brits miss out on medals
In the women's 200m, GB's Dina Asher-Smith finished fifth as Thompson triumphed in a time of 21.78 seconds.
Thompson, 24, added the 200m title to the gold she won in the 100m final on Sunday, beating Netherlands' world champion Dafne Schippers by 0.13secs.
Sisters Cindy Ofili and Tiffany Porter missed out on 100m hurdles medals as Brianna Rollins headed a US clean sweep.
Mo Farah continued his bid for a fourth Olympic title, coming home in third in his 5,000m heat after surviving a stumble.
But Savannah Marshall went out of the boxing competition as she lost to Nouchka Fontijn in the women's middleweight quarter-finals.
Brazil into football final - after 14-second opener
Neymar scored after only 14 seconds - the fastest goal in Olympic football history - as Brazil thrashed Honduras 6-0 to reach the men's final in Rio.
The hosts will next face Germany, 7-1 winners against Brazil at the 2014 World Cup semi-final, as goals from Lukas Klostermann and Nils Petersen gave them a 2-0 win over Nigeria.
The United States secured a one-two in the women's long jump as Tianna Bartoletta upset defending champion Brittney Reese to win gold.
China continued their dominance of Olympic table tennis as their men's team beat Japan in Wednesday's final.
In other news, the Brazilian authorities have stopped US swimmers Gunnar Bentz and Jack Conger from boarding a flight at Rio de Janeiro airport.
Two team-mates - Ryan Lochte and James Feigen - were barred from leaving the country, but Lochte has already left. Police have queried their accounts of a robbery they reported in Rio on Sunday.
Patrick Hickey, the president of both the European Olympic Committees and the Olympic Council of Ireland, has been arrested by police in Brazil investigating illegal Olympic ticket sales.
After criticism of Irish fighter Michael Conlan's defeat, the International Boxing Association (AIBA) has dropped a number of officials after a review of their decisions at the Olympics.
Having a laugh
Jamaican sprinter Bolt kept his hopes of an eighth Olympic gold medal on track by running his fastest time of the season to win his 200m semi-final in 19.78 seconds
The 29-year-old was laughing as he crossed the line just two hundredths of a second ahead of Canada's Andre de Grasse.
"Andre was supposed to slow down. He didn't," joked Bolt, who has already won a third successive Olympic 100m gold in Rio and is aiming to match the feat in the 200m.
"I said: 'What are you doing, it is the semis?' He said he had to push me."
To come on day 12...
- 11:00: Golf - Britain's Charley Hull is three shots off the lead as the second round of the women's golf begins.
- 13:40: Canoe Slalom - London 2012 bronze medallists Liam Heath and Jon Schofield qualified fastest in the men's kayak double 200m.
- 14:30: Taekwondo - Jade Jones begins the defence of her Olympic title in the -57kg category. The final is at 02:00.
- 15:00: Triathlon - Can Alistair and Jonny Brownlee take a unique British one-two in the triathlon? Alistair is the reigning champion.
- 15:20: Athletics - Usain Bolt is in action again as the 4x100m relay heats begin.
- 17:05: Sailing - Weather permitting, Britain will get their 470 women's sailing gold they secured on Tuesday as the medal race gets under way following Wednesday's postponement due to light winds.
- 18:00: Diving - 10m women's platform. Tonia Couch in semi-final, having qualified fifth, and hopefully the final at 21:00
- 02:15: Athletics - Women's 400m hurdles final as Eilidh Doyle competes.
- 02:30: Athletics - Can Usain Bolt complete part two of the treble treble in the 200m final?
Subscribe to the BBC Sport newsletter to get our pick of news, features and video sent to your inbox