MotoGP: Marc Marquez wins with Cal Crutchlow second in Germany
Spaniard Marc Marquez extended his lead at the top of the MotoGP standings with a victory in Germany as Britain's Cal Crutchlow finished second.
After an earlier downpour, Marquez made the most of a change to slick tyres on his way to a win in a time of 47 mins 03.239 secs at the Sachsenring Circuit.
He moved 48 points clear of fellow Spaniard and reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo, who only finished 15th.
Italian Andrea Dovizioso was third, with Britain's Scott Redding fourth.
Marquez finished 9.857 secs in front of Crutchlow, who claimed his first podium finish since Argentina in April 2015, while Redding missed out on a top-three spot as he was passed by Dovizioso on the final lap.
With nine races of the season left, Marquez has 170 points and Lorenzo 122, with seven-time world champion Valentino Rossi third overall on 111 points after an eighth-place finish in Germany.
The next race takes place on 14 August from the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.
German MotoGP result:
1. Marc Marquez (Spa) Honda 47 mins 03.239 secs
2. Cal Crutchlow (GB) Honda +9.857
3. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati +11.613
4. Scott Redding (GB) Ducati +11.992
5. Andrea Iannone (Ita) Ducati +22.755
6. Dani Pedrosa (Spa) Honda +25.920
7. Jack Miller (Aus) Honda +26.043
8. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha +26.449
9. Hector Barbera (Spa) Ducati +26.614
10. Alvaro Bautista (Spa) Aprilia +31.274
Overall standings (after race nine of 18):
1. Marc Marquez (Spa) Honda 170 points
2. Jorge Lorenzo (Spain) Yamaha 122
3. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 111
4. Dani Pedrosa (Spa) Honda 96
5. Maverick Vinales (Spa) Suzuki 83
6. Pol Espargaro (Spa) Yamaha 72
7. Hector Barbera (Spa) Ducati 65
8. Andrea Iannone (Ita) Ducati 63
9. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 59
10. Eugene Laverty (Ire) Ducati 53
12. Scott Redding (GB) Ducati 45
14. Cal Crutchlow (GB) Honda 40
16. Bradley Smith (GB) Yamaha 35