An Olympia classic, also known as the “big red wall”. The Puissance wall is put up higher each round, if a horse knocks it down or refuses then they are out, the highest jumping competitor wins.
- The Puissance, also known as the “big red wall” is the main event of the night
- The wall is put up higher each round - the highest jumping competitor wins
- GB's Guy Williams and France's Mathieu Billot clear 7ft 4 in round five to share victory
- GB's Alfie Bradstock fails in round five, Laura Renwick opts out after round three
- Copyright: HPower
The 2018 Olympia Horse Show takes place from 18-23 December at the Olympia Grand Hall in London.
The prestigious event celebrates its 111th birthday this year and brings together some of the world's best dressage and show jumping riders.Copyright: Getty Images
Among the familiar faces in action will be three-time Olympic champion Charlotte Dujardin, who will return to competitive action at the Grand Hall for the first time since 2016 when she rides Hawtins Delicato in the Dressage Freestyle to Music.
Also flying the flag for Britain will be top show jumper Laura Renwick, who won last year's Puissance, London 2012 team gold medal winners Scott Brash and Ben Maher and three members of the Whittaker family - dad John, son Robert and nephew William.
Friday 21 December
18:45-20:20, Champions Challenge, BBC Red Button, Connected TV's and online
20:50-22:30, Christmas Cracker, BBC Red Button, Connected TV's and online
Saturday 22 December
13:15-16:25, Show Jumping World Cup, BBC Two
Sunday 23 December
18:00-22:30, Grand Prix, BBC Red Button, Connected TV's and online
From Olympic events dressage, showjumping and eventing, to racing at Aintree or Cheltenham, there are so many sports with horses to choose from.
There are three main types of horse riding:
- Dressage: The combination complete a set test in front of judges who score the individual movements based on harmony, rhythm and expression.
- Show Jumping: Where horse and rider jump over coloured fences, obstacles and water jumps. The main aim is to get around without a refusal or knocking over a fence for which penalty points are given.
- Eventing: The triathlon of the horse world where horse and rider compete in three phases, dressage, cross country and showjumping.
Visit the British Equestrian Federation to find local horse riding opportunities in your area.