Great Britain's Greg Rutherford praises the 'incredible send-off' from the Newcastle crowd as he completes the final long jump of his career at the Great City Games.
- Some of the world’s best athletes compete in track & field events in the heart of Newcastle city centre
- Long-jump legend Greg Rutherford retires finishing third in his final event
- Double Paralympic gold medallist Jonnie Peacock finishes second in the T44 100m after a year-long break
- Jack Roach wins men's long-jump; Jazmin Sawyers takes victory in women's event
- Dwayne Cowan takes victory in men's 500m whilst Anyika Onuora wins women's event
- Laura Muir victorious in elite women's mile earlier today
- Holly Bradshaw wins women's pole vault
Great Britain's Reece Prescod eases his way to victory in the men's 150m race, finishing ahead of fellow Brit Harry Aikines-Aryeetey.
Great Britain's Jonnie Peacock jokes that he's 'probably still drunk' after a second place finish in his competitive return in the men's T44 100m after a year-long absence.
Great Britain's Laura Muir holds off competition from the Netherlands' Susan Krumins to take victory in the elite women's one mile at the Great North City Games.
Gabby Logan presents live coverage from the Newcastle and Gateshead Quayside as some of the world's best athletes compete in both track and field events in the heart of the city.
London 2012 Olympic champion Greg Rutherford leaps for one last time before bowing out from athletics.
Double Paralympic gold medallist Jonnie Peacock marks the end of his year-long break by returning to competitive action in the T44 100m.
Reece Prescod and Harry Aikines-Aryeetey will lead British hopes in the men's 150m and Jodie Williams and Daryll Neita go in the women's version.
13:15-15:45 - BBC One
18:00-19:00 - BBC TwoCopyright: Getty Images
You might want to be the next Mo Farah, or just want to get fit and see how well you can do - either way, athletics can be the sport for you.
It includes a huge variety of disciplines, so whether you want to run, jump or throw you can find an activity that suits you.
Check out our Get Inspired guide to the main categories here.