Ulster SFC quarter-final: Derry 0-11 0-22 Tyrone

Red Hands forward Mark Bradley finds space in the Derry defence at Celtic Park
Red Hands forward Mark Bradley finds space in the Derry defence at Celtic Park
Ulster Championship quarter-final: Derry 0-11 Tyrone 0-22
Derry scorers: Loughlin 0-4, McFaul 0-1, Heavron 0-1, Keenan 0-1, Lynn 0-1, Heron 0-1, McGuigan 0-1, McWilliams 0-1
Tyrone scorers: S Cavanagh 0-7, C McAtamney 0-1, Harte 0-2, Bradley 0-1, R Brennan 0-1, T McCann 0-1, McCurry 0-3, Mulgrew 0-1, C McCann 0-1, McClure 0-1, C Cavanagh 0-1, L Brennan 0-2

Ulster SFC champions Tyrone cruised into the semi-finals by brushing aside derby rivals Derry in a one-sided match at Celtic Park on Sunday.

Tyrone beat Derry in the championship last year and they repeated the feat to set up a semi-final against Donegal.

Red Hands captain Sean Cavanagh fired over five frees to help the visitors into a 0-10 to 0-5 lead at the break.

Derry narrowed the gap to three points before Tyrone surged clear with Darren McCurry slotting over three points.

Relive the action from Tyrone's victory over Derry

Tyrone started as firm favourites to win this derby encounter and they rattled over the opening five points with Derry guilty of conceding scoreable frees.

Cavanagh floated over two frees and Conor McAtamney added the third point before Peter Harte's free.

Bradley bamboozles Derry

Mark Bradley's pace and movement was causing havoc in the Oak Leaf defence and he twisted through before slotting over a fine point.

The remainder of the first half was a more even affair with two Niall Loughrin points coming either side of a Cavanagh free.

Cavanagh restored the five-point gap and Rory Brennan added another Red Hands point before Derry hit back with Ciaran McFaul and Danny Heavron scores.

Oak Leaf pair Niall Keenan and Enda Lynn close in on Tyrone forward Conor Meyler in the quarter-final
Oak Leaf pair Niall Keenan and Enda Lynn close in on Tyrone forward Conor Meyler in the quarter-final

Tiernan McCann fired over for Tyrone and Cavanagh took his frees tally to five although Derry chalked the last point of the half through Loughlin.

Derry had a brief sniff of an upset as they made an impressive start to the second half.

Niall Keenan popped over a point and a long-range Cavanagh score was followed by Oak Leaf points from Enda Lynn and Benny Heron.

The hosts had cut the deficit to three but that was as close as they were to get to a Tryone side which stepped up a gear to move clear.

Super stop from Keenan

Keenan made a superb goal-line save deny Tyrone a goal but Harte fizzed over the resulting 45 before a Cavanagh free and McCurry point halted Derry's momentum.

Tyrone substitute Frank Burns was black-carded and his replacement David Mulgrew made an instant impact as his fisted over before McCurry chalked up his second score.

The gap was now eight points and the game had fizzled out as a contest when Loughlin scored Derry's first point in over 20 minutes.

Conal McCann and substitute Declan McClure tagged on Tyrone points before a superb strike from McCurry.

Shan McGuigan sent a free over for Derry but Red Hands midfielder Colm Cavanagh quickly replied.

Carlus McWilliams added an Oak Leaf point before a low-key affair concluded with two points from young Tyrone substitute Lee Brennan.

Derry: B McKinless; N Keenan, B Rogers, K McKaigue; C McFaul, C McKaigue, C McWilliams; C McAtamney, D Heavron; R Bell, N Loughlin, E Lynn; D Tallon, E McGuckin, B Heron.

Subs: C McLarnon, M McEvoy, S McGuigan, C Nevin, M Lynch, C Kielt, P Hagan, O Duffin, C McGrogan, G O'Neill, C Doherty.

Tyrone: N Morgan; A McCrory, R McNamee, P Hampsey; T McCann, R Brennan, P Harte; C Cavanagh, C McCann; K McGeary, N Sludden, C Meyler; M Bradley, S Cavanagh, M Donnelly.

Subs: M O'Neill, L Brennan, F Burns, D McClure, D McCurry, HP McGeary, R McNabb, P McNulty, C McShane, D Mulgrew, R O'Neill.