Match ends, Dinamo Kiev 0, Benfica 0.
Dynamo Kyiv's Denys Garmash was a tad perplexed when English official Anthony Taylor showed him a second yellow card and then a red in his side's Champions League game with Benfica on Tuesday.
The reason being that Taylor had not yet shown him his first yellow card.
The incident occurred near the end of the 0-0 draw between the sides and prompted much confusion.
Thankfully for Taylor, his mistake was pointed out and Garmash able to end the game with just a booking to his name.
The incident is something of a reverse version of that featuring another English official, Graham Poll, who cautioned Croatian defender Josip Simunic three times before sending him off in a 2006 World Cup match between Croatia and Australia.
Unfortunately for Poll, his mistake stood.
In Tuesday's game, Benfica forward Roman Yaremchuk was left frustrated after spurning a number of opportunities to give his current side victory against former employer.
The best of them came when the ball fell kindly to him on the edge of the six-yard box, but his shot was saved by the legs of home goalkeeper Denys Boyko.
Bayern Munich lead the group after their 3-0 victory at Barcelona.
- 25ZabarnyiBooked at 73mins
- 15TsygankovSubstituted forKaravaevat 76'minutes
- 5SydorchukBooked at 52mins
- 14de PenaSubstituted forVerbicat 76'minutes
- 73ShkurinSubstituted forGarmashat 60'minutesBooked at 82mins
- 22Naum dos Santos
- 91Rodrigues da Silva
- 2JuniorSubstituted forLazaroat 59'minutes
- 20João MárioSubstituted forTaarabtat 85'minutes
- 28WeiglBooked at 71mins
- 27Ferreira SilvaBooked at 21minsSubstituted forAfonso Fernandesat 90'minutes
- 7Sousa SoaresSubstituted forRadonjicat 59'minutes
- 15YaremchukBooked at 44minsSubstituted forNúñezat 59'minutes
- 17Cupido Goncalves
- 21Afonso Fernandes
- 77Aleixo Leite
- 83Carvalho Fernandes
- 88Matias Ramos
- 97Reis Ferreira
- Anthony Taylor
- Shots on Target
Second Half ends, Dinamo Kiev 0, Benfica 0.
Foul by Valentino Lazaro (Benfica).
Benjamin Verbic (Dinamo Kiev) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
VAR Decision: No Goal Dinamo Kiev 0-0 Benfica.
Offside, Dinamo Kiev. Vitalii Mykolenko tries a through ball, but Denys Garmash is caught offside.
Corner, Dinamo Kiev. Conceded by Odysseas Vlachodimos.
Attempt saved. Denys Garmash (Dinamo Kiev) header from a difficult angle on the right is saved in the top centre of the goal. Assisted by Mykola Shaparenko with a cross.
Corner, Dinamo Kiev. Conceded by Nicolás Otamendi.
Attempt saved. Vitaliy Buyalskiy (Dinamo Kiev) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
Mykola Shaparenko (Dinamo Kiev) hits the bar with a right footed shot from outside the box.
Substitution, Benfica. Pizzi replaces Rafa because of an injury.
Substitution, Benfica. Adel Taarabt replaces João Mário.
Attempt blocked. Nemanja Radonjic (Benfica) left footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked.
Rafa (Benfica) wins a free kick on the right wing.
Foul by Vitalii Mykolenko (Dinamo Kiev).
Denys Garmash (Dinamo Kiev) is shown the yellow card.
João Mário (Benfica) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Foul by Denys Garmash (Dinamo Kiev).
Hand ball by Denys Garmash (Dinamo Kiev).
- "It can become an uncomfortable place": Why are so many girls dropping out of sport in their teenage years?
- Sebastian Vettel on allyship: Listen now as the Formula 1 star talks about the importance of visibility