The New Saints slipped out of the Europa League in the second qualifying round as they lost a penalty shootout to B36 Torshavn of the Faroe Islands.
Leo Smith's 81st-minute piledriver forced extra time after Michal Przybylski had put Torshavn ahead.
Dean Ebbe gave Saints the lead, but Stefan Radosavlevic equalised in the dying seconds to force penalties.
Ebbe could have won it after a miss by Przybylski but saw his spot-kick saved, with Dan Redmond then also missing.
It was the second European game in succession that Saints have gone to extra time, with the Cymru Premier side having beaten MSK Zilina 3-1 over 120 minutes in August's first qualifying round.
But it was Torshavn who held their nerve to book a tie against either CSKA Sofia or BATE Borisov in the third qualifying round.
Saints had beaten the Faroe Islands team 6-1 on aggregate in 2015 Champions League qualifying.
But manager Scott Ruscoe had warned that Torshavn were now a much harder proposition and so it proved in this one-legged tie.
Saints were disrupted by losing defender Keston Davies to an injury inside the first half-hour, with Ben Clark the replacement, but after their late rally will feel this was one that got away.
- 1HentzeBooked at 112mins
- 3JacobsenBooked at 109minsSubstituted forJohansenat 113'minutes
- 5NattestadBooked at 119mins
- 2Hognason EriksenSubstituted forJacobsenat 111'minutesBooked at 114mins
- 7FrederiksbergSubstituted forAgnarssonat 68'minutesBooked at 90mins
- 24SamuelsenSubstituted forRadosavljevicat 86'minutesBooked at 93mins
The New Saints
- 44HollandBooked at 82mins
- 4DaviesSubstituted forClarkat 30'minutesBooked at 91mins
- 8BrobbelSubstituted forCieslewiczat 77'minutes
- 6RoutledgeSubstituted forSmithat 71'minutesBooked at 120mins
- 18RoblesSubstituted forDraperat 117'minutes
- Ian McNabb