Bala Town's Europa League adventure is over after they lost in Belgium in the second qualifying round.
Uruguayan forward Felipe Avenatti opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 19th minute.
Home nerves were tested when Chris Venables had the chance to reply from the spot, but goalkeeper Arnaud Bodart saved.
Moroccan midfielder Selim Amallah doubled the hosts' lead before the break and the score remained unchanged.
Colin Caton's visitors had hoped to create an even bigger shock than their 1-0 first qualifying round win over Valletta.
The manager had described that as the finest result in the club's history, but the step up in class in Belgium was too high, having agreed to switch the tie despite being drawn at home.
Standard Liege went into the encounter third in the Belgian top flight.
The game - a one-off tie rather than a two-legged contest as a result of the coronavirus pandemic - was played behind closed doors at the 27,670-capacity Stade Maurice Dufrasne.
Standard Liege will be at home to Serbian side FK Vojvodina in the third qualifying round.
- 34LaifisBooked at 27mins
- 8CimirotSubstituted forBokadiat 72'minutes
- 19AmallahSubstituted forMulekaat 67'minutes
- 25Avenatti DovillabichusSubstituted forOularéat 84'minutes
- 3SmithBooked at 51mins
- 15KayBooked at 64minsSubstituted forStephensat 81'minutes
- 14LeslieSubstituted forJonesat 81'minutes
- 9CorreiaSubstituted forSmithat 57'minutes
- Trustin Farrugia Cann
- Shots on Target