Match ends, Inter Milan 1, Slavia Prague 1.
Inter Milan substitute Nicolo Barella scored a stoppage-time equaliser to deny Slavia Prague just their second Champions League group win.
The Czech side have reached the group stage for the second time but it was Stefan de Vrij and Danilo D'Ambrosio who went close for the Serie A leaders.
Yet Slavia deserved the lead when Peter Olayinka opened the scoring.
But early in the eight minutes of added time, Barella bundled in after Stefano Sensi's free-kick hit the crossbar.
- Champions League as it happened & reaction
- Cagliari cleared of racist chanting towards Inter striker Romelu Lukaku
Slavia goalkeeper Ondrej Kolar then produced a fine reflex save to keep out a Romelu Lukaku header right at the end, although the flag had already gone up for offside.
Three-time European champions Inter should have taken the lead from two Sensi free-kicks, with De Vrij heading over while fellow defender D'Ambrosio headed straight at Kolar.
Inter striker Lautaro Martinez also shot narrowly wide in the first half while keeper Samir Handanovic was fortunate to be awarded a free-kick after being caught in possession in his own six-yard box by Nigerian forward Olayinka, 23.
Kolar blocked a close-range shot by Martinez at the start of the second half, and Slavia replied as Nicolae Stanciu tested Handanovic with a 20-yard strike before firing over from a similar range.
The Czech champions then produced a fine move down the right, resulting in Olayinka cutting the ball back for Jaroslav Zeleny, and although Handanovic saved the substitute's low shot at his near post, Olayinka fired the rebound into the roof of the net.
Lukas Masopust spurned a great chance to double Slavia's lead as he fired over and Inter barely threatened a leveller until on-loan Cagliari midfielder Barella, 22, volleyed into the ground and the ball somehow bounced through a crowd of bodies and into the Slavia net.
Barella strikes at the death on debut - the stats
- Inter Milan have only managed to win one of their last five opening matches of a Champions League campaign (D3 L1).
- Despite avoiding defeat in three of their last four Champions League group games (D3 L1), Slavia Prague are winless in their last six group matches since beating Steaua Bucharest in their first Champions League group game in September 2007 (D3 L3).
- Nicolo Barella is the 10th different player to score on their Champions League debut for Inter Milan after Youri Djorkaeff, Andy van der Meyde, Julio Cruz, Hernan Crespo, Roberto Baggio, Adriano, Mancini, Mauro Icardi and Matias Vecino.
- Barella's equaliser (91:47) is Inter's latest Champions League goal since Giampaolo Pazzini scored against Marseille in March 2012 (95:28).
- Slavia Prague's Peter Olayinka became just the fifth different Nigerian to score on their Champions League debut after Daniel Amokachi, Victor Ikpeba, Lucky Idahor and Yakubu.
- 6de Vrij
- 87CandrevaSubstituted forLazaroat 49'minutes
- 77BrozovicSubstituted forBarellaat 71'minutes
- 18AsamoahBooked at 54mins
- 10MartínezBooked at 66minsSubstituted forPolitanoat 72'minutesBooked at 83mins
- 2HovorkaBooked at 40mins
- 22SoucekBooked at 90mins
- 27TraoreSubstituted forZelenyat 60'minutes
- 9OlayinkaSubstituted forProvodat 85'minutes
- 28MasopustSubstituted forHelal Abdulrahimat 79'minutes
- 29Helal Abdulrahim
- Ruddy Buquet
- Shots on Target
Second Half ends, Inter Milan 1, Slavia Prague 1.
Foul by Nicolò Barella (Inter Milan).
Ondrej Kudela (Slavia Prague) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Offside, Inter Milan. Stefano Sensi tries a through ball, but Romelu Lukaku is caught offside.
Offside, Inter Milan. Matteo Politano tries a through ball, but Valentino Lazaro is caught offside.
Attempt blocked. Matteo Politano (Inter Milan) left footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Milan Skriniar.
Attempt missed. Josef Husbauer (Slavia Prague) right footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right.
Goal! Inter Milan 1, Slavia Prague 1. Nicolò Barella (Inter Milan) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner following a set piece situation.
Stefano Sensi (Inter Milan) hits the bar with a right footed shot from outside the box from a direct free kick.
Tomas Soucek (Slavia Prague) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
Matteo Politano (Inter Milan) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Foul by Tomas Soucek (Slavia Prague).
Stefano Sensi (Inter Milan) wins a free kick on the right wing.
Foul by Abdulla Yusuf Helal (Slavia Prague).
Attempt saved. Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Stefano Sensi.
Stefano Sensi (Inter Milan) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Foul by Abdulla Yusuf Helal (Slavia Prague).
Attempt missed. Nicolò Barella (Inter Milan) right footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Milan Skriniar.
Substitution, Slavia Prague. Lukáš Provod replaces Peter Olayinka.