Thursday's gossip column: Eriksen, Dybala, Pogba, Kante, De Bruyne, Sancho, Moses

Football gossip

Tottenham could swap Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27, for Juventus' Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 25, in the January transfer window. (Tuttosport, via Express)

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, 26, agreed a £429,000-a-week deal with Paris St-Germain before deadline day but the transfer broke down because Neymar did not complete his move back to Barcelona. (Calciomercato, via Sun)

Real Madrid and Chelsea have a transfer agreement regarding N'Golo Kante, 28, whereby the Blues will inform the Spanish club if they receive any bids for the France midfielder. (Defensa Central, via Express)

Tottenham target Bruno Fernandes, 25, could be available, with Sporting Lisbon willing to sell the midfielder for £62m. (A Bola, via Sport Witness)

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says there was no offer for Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha, 26, from "the sort of club that he would want" in the summer. (Mirror)

Zaha has told his agents that he wants to terminate his contract with them after his failure to leave Crystal Palace during the summer. (Times - subscription required)

Hodgson has warned Palace fans there is likely to be a bit of "suffering and heartache" at Selhurst Park this season. (Standard)

Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed he tried to sign Jadon Sancho, 19, when the England winger was at Manchester City, before he moved to Borussia Dortmund. (Express)

Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc admitted during a documentary series about the club that a transfer meeting over Sancho took place with Manchester United but that the England international had no intention of leaving the Bundesliga side. (Mirror)

Chelsea's Victor Moses, 28, is highly unlikely to turn his loan deal at Fenerbahce into a permanent move, despite the Turkish club having the option to buy the Nigeria wing-back. (Star)

Manchester United could allow manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to move for a midfielder in the January transfer window, with the board making funds available for a mid-season reinforcement. (Manchester Evening News)

Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff, 21, says he was "distracted by the outside noise" during the summer when he was linked with a move to Manchester United. (Mail)

Former England winger Trevor Sinclair says Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling's current form is as good as Lionel Messi's and Cristiano Ronaldo's. (Talksport)

Sterling, 24, is poised to join the top tier of commercial earners among footballers with a Pepsi endorsement that sees him starring in an advert with Lionel Messi and Paul Pogba. (Telegraph)

Spain forward Inaki Williams, 25, has revealed he had contact with Manchester United before signing a new deal at Athletic Bilbao. (Cadena Ser, via Independent)

Uefa's financial fair play case against Manchester City may not be resolved until the end of the season. (Times - subscription required)

Everton rejected an offer in the summer from Borussia Dortmund for 18-year-old attacking midfielder Anthony Gordon, who has played for England Under-19s. (Football Insider)

The Premier League has spoken to referees' chief Mike Riley about the use of VAR during the four rounds of matches in the top flight so far this season. (Mail)

Daily Star back page
Daily Star back page

Top Stories