Ludogorets Razgrad 5-0 The New Saints
The New Saints were hammered by Bulgarian champions Ludogorets Razgrad in the Europa League third qualifying round first leg.
Scott Roscoe's side were outclassed after dropping down from Champions League qualifying.
Ryan Harrington's own goal got the hosts in front before Mavis Tchibota cut through Saints' defence to score.
Jody Lukoki added the third before the break and Claudiu Keșerü and Cosmin Moti added two more to end the contest.
Ludogorets, Bulgarian champions for the past eight seasons, reached last season's Europa League group stages.
Saints joined the Europa League after bowing out of the Champions League, losing 3-0 on aggregate against FC Copenhagen.
Ludogorets have twice featured in the group stages of the Champions League during the past five years.
The second leg will be at Wrexham's Racecourse on Thursday, 15 August with the winners facing Maribor of Slovenia or Norwegian side Rosenborg in the play-offs.
- 13TchibotaSubstituted forCristaldo Fariasat 70'minutes
- 8BitonSubstituted forSwierczokat 77'minutes
- 12AndrianantenainaSubstituted forBadjiat 61'minutes
- 17Barbosa Intima
- 33dos Santos
- 88Cristaldo Farias
The New Saints
- 6RoutledgeBooked at 35mins
- 7EbbeSubstituted forDraperat 61'minutes
- 2SpenderSubstituted forLewisat 69'minutes
- 4DaviesSubstituted forHudsonat 45'minutes
- Marius Avram