Match ends, Brentford 3, Barnet 1.
Championship side Brentford beat non-league Barnet to set up an FA Cup fifth-round tie at Swansea City.
Sergi Canos scored following a well-worked corner routine, before Julian Jeanvier doubled the lead with a fine volley from Said Benrahma's free-kick.
Barnet's Craig Robson headed against the crossbar and Neal Maupay added a third goal with a side-footed finish.
David Tutonda pulled one back for Barnet, but it was not enough for the lowest-ranked team in the competition.
Darren Currie's side, 17th in the National League, had knocked out Championship Sheffield United in the third round and had been 2-1 ahead in the original tie against Brentford before it finished 3-3 and went to a replay.
But Barnet fell behind after seven minutes at Griffin Park from a short corner as Benrahma's low cross was converted by Canos for his third goal in as many games.
Moses Odubajo and Benrahma shot just wide and Maupay had an effort cleared off the line, before Jeanvier did well to steer Behrahma's free-kick into the roof of the net to give Brentford a two-goal advantage.
The hosts had further chances, but Canos glanced a header just off target, Maupay had two shots saved by Mark Cousins and Romaine Sawyers shot wastefully wide.
Barnet's Robson headed against the woodwork following Daniel Sparkes' free-kick and Ephron Mason-Clark had a low strike saved by Luke Daniels.
But Maupay grabbed Brentford's third, finishing off from Henrik Dalsgaard's cross, although Tutonda's fine strike gave the non-league side a deserved goal.
Swansea play Brentford at the Liberty Stadium in round five on Saturday, 16 February.
First fifth-round appearance in 13 years - the stats
- Brentford have scored three or more goals in five consecutive games in all competitions for the very first time since entering the Football League in 1920.
- Brentford have reached the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 2005-06.
- Sergi Canos has scored in three consecutive appearances for Brentford in all competitions (three goals), his best ever scoring streak in his professional career.
- Among players for the 72 EFL clubs, only Peterborough's Marcus Maddison (15) has more assists in all competitions in 2018-19 than Brentford's Said Benrahma (11).
- Benrahma has been directly involved in eight goals in his last five games for Brentford in all competitions (three goals, five assists) - as many as his first 26 appearances for the club beforehand.
'Immensely proud' - what they said
Brentford boss Thomas Frank said: "Job done. We're through to the next round and pleased with that.
"When you see Newport beating Middlesbrough it proves it's not easy in this tournament. The first half was professional, the second half was so-so, but we did what we needed to do.
"Now we look forward to Swansea. We are one game from the quarter-finals. It's 30 years since we have been in one so we would like to do it again."
Barnet boss Darren Currie said: "In the second half I thought we were excellent. It was a nice response from our chat at half-time, I was frustrated in the first half.
"In the second half we earned the respect of our opponents. If we'd got our goal at 2-0 it might have been a different story. I'm immensely proud of how we conducted ourselves in the second half.
"They are disappointed, they felt like they let the first half slip away. But they'll realise they have a lot to be proud of."
- 34Bech SörensenBooked at 85mins
- 26KonsaBooked at 63mins
- 19SawyersSubstituted forDa Silvaat 77'minutes
- 7CanosBooked at 50mins
- 9MaupaySubstituted forOgbeneat 72'minutes
- 21BenrahmaSubstituted forForssat 72'minutes
- 14Da Silva
- 26SweeneyBooked at 50mins
- 3JohnsonSubstituted forBoucaudat 24'minutes
- 23TutondaBooked at 89mins
- 18FonguckSubstituted forSparkesat 45'minutes
- 27Mason-ClarkSubstituted forAkinolaat 72'minutes
- 21ElitoBooked at 49mins
- Roger East
- Shots on Target
Second Half ends, Brentford 3, Barnet 1.
Corner, Barnet. Conceded by Julian Jeanvier.
Foul by Sergi Canos (Brentford).
Andre Boucaud (Barnet) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Attempt missed. Chiedozie Ogbene (Brentford) right footed shot from the right side of the box misses to the left.
Attempt missed. Josh Da Silva (Brentford) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the left.
Attempt blocked. Josh Da Silva (Brentford) left footed shot from the centre of the box is blocked.
David Tutonda (Barnet) is shown the yellow card.
Corner, Brentford. Conceded by Medy Elito.
Chiedozie Ogbene (Brentford) wins a free kick on the right wing.
Foul by David Tutonda (Barnet).
Ezri Konsa Ngoyo (Brentford) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Foul by Shaquile Coulthirst (Barnet).
Corner, Barnet. Conceded by Ezri Konsa Ngoyo.
Attempt missed. Dan Sparkes (Barnet) left footed shot from outside the box is just a bit too high from a direct free kick.
Mads Bech Sörensen (Brentford) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
Foul by Mads Bech Sörensen (Brentford).
Simeon Akinola (Barnet) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Foul by Marcus Forss (Brentford).