Nigeria qualify for 2018 Women's Africa Cup of Nations
Nigeria beat The Gambia 6-0 in Lagos on Monday to qualify for the 2018 Women's Africa Cup of Nations in Ghana.
The Super Falcons, who are the defending African champions, will play alongside South Africa, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Zambia, Algeria and Mali at this year's finals along with the hosts, Ghana.
With a slender 1-0 lead from the first leg in Banjul, Nigeria made sure of their place with an emphatic victory, to win 7-0 on aggregate
Desire Oparanozie scored four goals with two more from Asisat Oshoala.
On Sunday, South Africa overwhelmed Lesotho 6-0 in Bloemfontein to book their place with a 7-0 aggregate win.
Jermaine Seoposenwe and Chantelle Esau scored twice for Banyana Banyana with Hilda Magaia and Leandra Smeda also getting on the scoresheet.
Algeria also went through to the finals in Ghana with a big aggregate win, thanks to a 3-2 victory away to Ethiopia.
That result gave the North Africans a 6-3 overall success.
In other qualifiers on Sunday, Mali were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Ivory Coast, but it was enough for Mali to progress on away goals after the first leg had ended 2-2.
Zimbabwe - who won their away leg 1-0 - suffered heartbreak at home to Zambia to go out on the away goals rule.
With three minutes remaining in Harare it was 1-1 until a late strike from Barbara Banda which gave Zambia a 2-1 victory on the day - 2-2 overall - and a place at the finals.
On Saturday, Cameroon looked impressive with another big victory over Congo Brazzaville in Yaounde.
Having won the first leg 5-0, Cameroon produced another 5-0 thrashing to go through 10-0 on aggregate.
Equatorial Guinea also qualified on Saturday, overturning a 2-1 first leg deficit against Kenya to win 2-0 in Bata and win the tie 3-2.
Final round second leg results:
- Zimbabwe 1-2 Zambia (Tie ends 2-2 on aggregate. Zambia go through on away goals)
- South Africa 6-0 Lesotho (South Africa go through 7-0 on aggregate)
- Cameroon 5-0 Congo Brazzaville (Cameroon go through 10-0 on aggregate)
- Mali 0-0 Ivory Coast (Tie ends 2-2 on aggregate. Mali go through on away goals)
- Ethiopia 2-3 Algeria (Algeria go through 6-3 on aggregate)
- Equatorial Guinea 2-0 Kenya (Equatorial Guinea go through 3-2 on aggregate)
- Monday Fixture
- Nigeria 6-0 The Gambia (Nigeria go through 7-0 on aggregate)