Manchester City recorded a 15th consecutive Premier League win with victory at Swansea, but Manchester United beat Bournemouth to keep within 11 points of the leaders.
A David Silva double and goals from Kevin de Bruyne and Sergio Aguero gave Manchester City a 4-0 win at bottom club Swansea, as Pep Guardiola's side extended their record-breaking winning streak.
Manchester United recovered from Sunday's derby defeat by their title rivals with a 1-0 success over Bournemouth, Romelu Lukaku scoring only his second goal in his last 10 league games.
Want more from football?
- How did Lawro get on with predictions against Shed Seven?
- 'People tell us it's impossible. It's not' - the remarkable rise of FK Ostersunds
- Ready for the World Cup? Plan your summer with full groups & fixtures
- Lazio fans give referee's restaurant bad reviews after red card
- Sport's worst and weirdest statues
Sam Allardyce continued his undefeated start as Everton manager with Wayne Rooney's tap-in enough to beat Newcastle, who sit a point above the relegation zone.
And Leicester boss Claude Puel enjoyed a happy return to his former club Southampton as his side recorded a fourth successive league win with a resounding 4-1 victory at St Mary's.
Tottenham beat Brighton 2-0 to move up to fourth, with Liverpool a point behind after being held 0-0 at Anfield by West Brom.
West Ham remain in the relegation zone - level on points with 17th-placed Albion - despite a goalless draw against Arsenal, who are seventh.
- Match report: Liverpool 0-0 West Brom
- Match report: Tottenham 2-0 Brighton
- Match report: West Ham 0-0 Arsenal
Follow Match of the Day on Instagram for the best photos from the world of football.