Midweek National League reports

Macclesfield Town 0-1 Barrow

Barrow moved into the Vanarama National League play-off positions with a 1-0 win at Macclesfield.

Richard Bennett netted the winner from the penalty spot in the 66th minute following a handball in the area.

The visitors were reduced to 10 men just six minutes before the goal as Akil Wright was shown a second yellow card for a foul on David Fitzpatrick.

Macclesfield, six points off the top five, thought they had levelled 16 minutes from time but Chris Holroyd's effort was disallowed for offside.

Eastleigh 0-2 Braintree Town

Michael Cheek scored twice as Braintree boosted their National League survival hopes with victory over struggling Eastleigh.

After the hosts had a goal disallowed when Ben Strevens was flagged offside, Cheek headed in the opener in the 27th minute.

Graham Stack kept Eastleigh in the game by producing a fine double save to deny Reece Hall-Johnson twice on the stroke of half-time.

But Cheek added a second in the 73rd minute to move Braintree seven points above the relegation zone and leave Eastleigh without a win in 2017.

Guiseley 2-1 Sutton United

Sutton warmed up for Monday's FA Cup clash with Arsenal with a last-gasp defeat at struggling Guiseley.

Paul Doswell's men may have had one eye on next week's mouth-watering clash with the Premier League giants but they are now just four points better off than their opponents, who moved out of the relegation zone following the win.

Guiseley took an early lead when Jake Cassidy headed home a Kevan Hurst corner.

Derek Asamoah came close to a second for the home side, firing straight at goalkeeper Ross Worner, but Sutton were level before the break when Matt Tubbs slotted home from the penalty spot.

Cassidy saw another shot and then a firm header held by Worner but the Lions got the goal their pressure deserved in the third minute of time added on as John Rooney stabbed in a low cross from Marcus Williams.

Woking 2-1 Solihull Moors

Fabio Saraiva's 11th goal of the season saw Woking end a run of two straight defeats with a win over Solihull Moors.

Woking went ahead just three minutes into the game when defender Terrell Thomas headed home his first goal of the season from close range following a corner from the right.

Kristian Green prevented Woking from doubling their lead five minutes before the break when he cleared off the line following another corner.

Shepherd Murombedzi then headed straight at Michael Poke from Omari Sterling's cross on the stroke of half-time as Solihull threatened.

And Solihull almost pulled level nine minutes after the break when George Carline met Sterling's corner but his effort was hacked off the line.

The goal Solihull deserved came after 59 minutes when Sterling's shot was not held by Poke and Murombedzi turned the rebound into the net.

That equaliser brought Woking to life and Nathan Baxter tipped over Gozie Ugwu's shot before they went back ahead when Saraiva slotted home Ugwu's cross from the right.

The lively Ugwu then hit the crossbar late on from an acute angle.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.