Gillingham 1-1 Chesterfield
Tom Anderson rescued a dramatic point for relegation-threatened Chesterfield as they drew at Gillingham.
It looked like the Gills had won it through Max Ehmer's 67th-minute opener, but Anderson earned the Spireites a vital point, just their sixth on the road all season, after firing home four minutes into stoppage time.
Gillingham started strongly at Priestfield as Jay Emmanuel-Thomas had a shot cleared off the line, while Rory Donnelly hit the post and then headed wide as the hosts largely bossed the first period.
They continued to create chances, as defender Ryan Jackson fired inches wide from 20 yards, before Scott Wagstaff missed with the goal at his mercy from Emmanuel-Thomas's superb cross.
Gills keeper Stuart Nelson, largely a spectator, saved brilliantly from Rai Simons midway through the second period, and it proved to be vital as the Gills took the lead when Ehmer headed home seconds later from a long throw.
But Anderson popped up to score from close range after Ian Evatt's shot had been blocked to secure a priceless draw.
Report supplied by the Press Association.
- 1NelsonBooked at 90mins
- 23DackBooked at 45minsSubstituted forMartinat 90+2'minutes
- 9DonnellyBooked at 87mins
- 50Emmanuel-ThomasSubstituted forByrneat 89'minutes
- 10McDonaldSubstituted forParkerat 84'minutes
- 19DonohueBooked at 90mins
- 18NolanSubstituted forMartinez Cerveraat 45+4'minutes
- 7GardnerSubstituted forEbanks-Blakeat 72'minutes
- 20DennisSubstituted forSimonsat 64'minutes
- 8Martinez Cervera
- Graham Horwood
- Shots on Target