Saturday's National League reports

Bromley 1-0 Torquay United

Bromley made it five wins from their last seven National League games with victory over Torquay.

Blair Turgott broke the deadlock from the spot with his 10th goal of the season in the 13th minute after David Fitzpatrick handled in the area.

Turgott's strike went in off the post, giving Torquay goalkeeper Brendan Moore no chance, but the visitors were not as fortunate when Brett Williams' 36th-minute drive from close range hit the bar and went over.

The visitors' search for an equaliser was just as fruitless after the break and Bromley are now up to 11th place.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Dagenham & Redbridge 3-2 Chester

Jordan Maguire-Drew completed a dramatic turnaround to give Dagenham & Redbridge a 3-2 National League win over Chester.

It was all about the hosts early on, with Oliver Hawkins seeing a sixth-minute penalty saved before Jake Sheppard fired in from distance to open the scoring just before the break.

Luke George restored parity five minutes into the second half, before Tom Shaw side-footed Chester into the lead in the 58th minute.

With the clock winding down, Johnny Hunt saw red for saving a goal-bound effort on the line in the 84th minute and Corey Whitely made no mistake with the penalty, before Maguire-Drew clinched it in stoppage time to move Dagenham up to second.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Gateshead 3-0 Southport

Gateshead got back to winning ways with a comfortable National League triumph over Southport.

The Heed made a bright start but were made to wait until the 27th minute for a breakthrough, with Jordan Burrow nudging the ball over the line after James Bolton's initial effort was blocked.

The opener may have been scrappy, but George Smith's fine strike from 25 yards made it 2-0 just before half-time as he notched his first goal for Gateshead.

Danny Johnson put the result beyond doubt just after the hour after picking up Wes York's through ball to finish between Magnus Norman's legs.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Maidstone United 0-2 Aldershot Town

Aldershot made it six league games unbeaten with an excellent National League win at Maidstone.

Teenager Kundai Benyu lit the blue touch paper on 19 minutes for Gary Waddock's men, netting with a fabulous free-kick that whipped past the wall.

Jay Saunders' strugglers belied their status in the relegation zone and pressed Aldershot back for long spells after the break.

However, the Hampshire side put matters beyond doubt late on when Jonny Giles swung in a terrific cross from the left and Jake Gallagher volleyed the ball into the net.

Alex Flisher crashed a shot against the bar for Maidstone in stoppage time, but it was too little too late for the hosts.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Wrexham 3-1 Guiseley

Substitute John Rooney heaped more National League relegation worries on Guiseley.

The visitors took a shock lead when Wales Under-21 striker Jake Cassidy headed home from a corner against the run of play, but the hosts hit back.

Wrexham equalised 20 minutes later in some style, when striker Ntumba Massanka scored a superb bicycle kick.

Substutute Rooney then scored the winner with virtually his first touch on his 200th career appearance, and added a third in injury time.

Top Stories

Get Inspired Activity Finder

Run by the BBC and partners

Find ways to get active near you: