Scottish League One: Livi bounce back from cup exit to extend lead at top

Liam Buchanan
Liam Buchanan opened the scoring for League One leaders Livingston

Livingston bounced back from their Scottish Cup exit by beating Brechin City 3-0 and extending their lead at the top of League One to 11 points.

Second-placed Alloa lost ground on Livi after drawing with Albion Rovers.

Stenhousemuir were twice pegged back by promotion-chasing Airdrieonians before winning 4-2.

Peterhead secured a resounding 4-0 win against Queen's Park, while East Fife drew 0-0 with bottom side Stranraer.

Having lost to cup opponents East Fife last week, Livi got off to the perfect start as Liam Buchanan scored within a minute and Craig Halkett netted his first goal of the season to double the hosts' lead before the break.

And 10 minutes into the second half, Scott Pittman converted a close-range finish past Brechin goalkeeper Graeme Smith.

At Cliftonhill, Scott Taggart's first-half strike gave Alloa the lead but Rovers' Ross Stewart found the net with 20 minutes to go.

Third-placed Airdrie could not take advantage of Alloa's dropped points.

Andy Ryan cancelled out Alan Cook's opener for Stenny before Cook added a second before the interval.

Despite going down to 10 men after Jack Leitch's dismissal for violent conduct, the visitors equalised again through Joe Gorman.

But Stenhousemuir made the numerical advantage count as late goals from Colin McMenamin and Carlos Mazana-Martinez sealed the win to take them three points clear of Stranraer, while Airdrie are now a point off Alloa.

Ryan Strachan and Grant Anderson scored their first goals of the season to give Peterhead a commanding two-goal lead against Queen's Park after just 25 minutes.

The Spiders' Ryan McGeever was sent off for a second booking after conceding a penalty and Rory McAllister converted before the break and added another goal midway through the second half.

East Fife move a point closer to fourth-placed Brechin after the stalemate with visitors Stranraer.